1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Inks Deal to Mass Produce EV Battery w 932m Range

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by 4R777, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Nov 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM
    2ndGen22re

2ndGen22re Goldie, my 1st love & my new kid…

Member:
    First Name:
    CR
    Carson Valley, NV
    Vehicle:
    1990 22RE & 22 AG ORP KDSS
    One-at-this-price stripper. Bought new 34 yrs ago, a $13K leftover. Added Detroit TruTrac, 1”rear spring spacer and “pinstripes”… Factory AC kit and roof rack bought at dealer cost at time of purchase, still blows ice cold 32yrs later. 2022 AG ORP all stock.
    Good luck charging at the vandalized charging stations…..

2. Nov 11, 2023 at 10:22 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch

It's getting better. But, it's still nowhere near as good as traveling in an ICE vehicle.

3. Nov 11, 2023 at 12:24 PM
    docsimon520

docsimon520 2023 Lunar ORP +1991 Surf JDM Turbodiesel

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 lunar rock ORP. 1991 Surf
    Exactly Zero. Zip. Nada. Completely stock. Even has the factory air in the tires.
    I bought my Tesla when they had a promotion for “free supercharging for life”
    (Of the car).
    So I figured when it first opened superchargers and started charging .24-.40
    Cents a KWhr, it wouldn’t be a huge deal. But now electricity is routinely .45 cents and it’s almost all “on-peak” usage, it’s kinda cool rolling up and taking $35 of energy for nada. Makes traveling between N and S California a matter of tire cost and wear and tear.

anyway; for 6 months I had to fight for charging at the absolute BUSIEST supercharger location IN THW WORLD (there’s a cool
    Map in the Tesla repair shops that maps real time and usage trends at all SC locations world wide). Costco lot in Fountain Valley, CA- and second place is not even close. It’s awesome seeing wonderfully coiffed folks in sustainably manufactured clothing and sandals going apeshit over perceived slights and line jumping. Imagine Karens and Kens running into each other- heh. Saw bear spray being dual wielded once.

anyway- bring on electrics but let the market take away ICE or reposition it. It’s probably always going to be ICE for our place in Alaska. So cal commuting? Probably should make a much better mass transit infrastructure r/t enabling solo electric transport but who am I to argue?

Products Discussed in

To Top