1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2022 T4R

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by emacTR4, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Aug 23, 2024 at 3:49 PM
    hunghingchai72

hunghingchai72 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    This would be a very good lesson/experience for our 5th Gen 4Runner Members to be benefit/learn when dealing with the issue. In fact, DD 9005 HP48 LED Light would only have 1-way to insert into the Socket, No other way around as showed in the Pictures & thus, how would it be Polaritized? Would you help? Bulb Connector 1.jpg Bulb Connector 2.jpg

2. Aug 23, 2024 at 4:09 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Check the pink wire on the original connector on your 4runner. Is it on the left or right? Pink is the positive wire of your 4runner. You are actually tapping to it and extending it to the other side.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
  3. Aug 23, 2024 at 4:16 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    All hallogen bulbs and some LEDs are polarity sensitive. Meaning, you have to connect the + to the + and - to the -. Now, there are some LEDs that would light up no matter how you connect them. I’m not talking about the connector if it only goes one way.

4. Aug 23, 2024 at 4:37 PM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
  5. Aug 23, 2024 at 4:44 PM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So, would you still suggest that I have to swap the Soldering Cables from Green (Original) to Pink to connect to Black/Red Wires & Green to the Ground? If so, I will try to see if it is working or not. Again, from Previous Connection, only Passenger's Side LED would lightup & Driver's Side will not! Thank you again Bro & will try!

6. Aug 23, 2024 at 5:18 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    You should be good. Just check your ground and make sure everything is plugged in snugly.

7. Aug 24, 2024 at 10:49 AM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hi emacTR4! I had tried again this morning even swapping Cables as you had suggested (Pink on Connector to Black/Red & Green to Black for Ground) but still does not lightup on both sides (very strange). I had also the continuity vs Ground as they are good. Again, Passenger's Side will lightup as initial connection except Drive's Side. Do you think that issue from Bulbs & Ground? I am sure that No Short Circuit when connecting Wires & Bulbs. Any other advices & thanks

8. Aug 24, 2024 at 2:45 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Does your DRL work without the harness? Are they switched on? Do you turn on the vehicle before looking if they are on or not? Parking brake disengaged? If yes to all of these, I don’t know what is the problem. Sorry it didn’t worked for you.

9. Aug 24, 2024 at 3:28 PM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hi emacTR4! Original Halogen Bulbs for DLR are both working prior to upgrade LED DLRs (turn the Stalk to Auto). One thing for sure as I had read Manual vs watching Youtube as such if Parking Brake is engaged (for some Brands/Models but thinking that it will apply to 2021+ 4Runner Models), then DLRs will not light up. In fact, I made connections to New LEDs when Parking Brake is ON & I will try again tomorrow morning with the 1st Harness Cable which I had made (Green to Black/Red Wires & Pink to Black for Grounding on Blue Connector) as it is kinda HOT/HEAT in TX now! :eek: However, just still wondering why only Passenger's Side has lighted up initially after making connection (Parking Brake was engaged). Thank you again & I will keep you update tomorrow either it is working or not! Have a great weekend. BR, Kent

emacTR4[OP] likes this.
  10. Aug 25, 2024 at 11:55 AM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hi emacTR4! How are you? this morning, I had tried again with some different connections but still unsuccessful

1. Turn ON OEM Halogen Bulbs DRL Lights with Parking Brake Disengaged ==> Working

2. Used 1st Built Harness (Green on Blue Connector connected to Black/Red Wires & Pink connected to Black for Ground). Then, I had grounded the Black Wire to the same Location as yours on 1st page. Checked for Continuity & they are all Good ==> LED DRL Lights on Both Sides would not light up (Parking Brake Disengaged)

3. Built 2nd Harness (Pink on Blue Connector connected to Black/Red Wires & Green connected to Black for Ground). Mounted Ground Cable on the same Location as #2 above ==> LED DRL Lights on Both Sides would not light up (Parking Brake Disengaged)

I am checking the OEM Connectors & saw that Pink Cables (12V on both Passenger/Drive Sides) were on the Right of Connector (looking out from Engine Bay). This Circuit is exactly connected in Series as your Original Diagram

According to Harness Connections as if Pink is Positive & Green is Negative on OEM Connector, then

1. When splicing Pink Wire from (iJDMTOY OEM 9005 HB3 H10 9145) to Black+ Red Wires from (iJDMTOY 9005 HB3 9145 H10 9006 HB4)
    On OEM Connector, Pink (Positive) will be connected to either Black or Red Pin from (iJDMTOY 9005 HB3 9145 H10 9006 HB4)
    3. Remaining Green Wire (Neg) on OEM Connector will be connected to either Black or Red Pin on (iJDMTOY 9005 HB3 9145 H10 9006 HB4)

Should it become a Shorted Circuit since both Pink & Green Wires from OEM Connector connected to Black+ Red Wires (since spliced together) from (iJDMTOY 9005 HB3 9145 H10 9006 HB4) as showed on Attached Picture (Sorry that if I had misunderstood)

Finally, Is your OEM Connector with Pink (Postive) on the Right as well or different? thinking that Toyota would have the Same Circuit Connections for DRL Lights on All 4runner Models as No Need to have different Circuit especially for 4Runner Limited

Seemed like most of Members were successfully built the Harness & were able to have Upgraded DD 9005/HP48 for DRL Lights, except with Few Members had issues with Grounding but finally be able to make it worked

Don't know if any Member with 2022 Limited has successfully with this Harness Mod

Sorry for this long message as I just wanted to share an update with you

Have a great weekendHarness Connection.jpg

11. Aug 25, 2024 at 12:26 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    If the harness doesn’t work, its probably the Limited trim headlights are not LED. Try using the LED bulbs without the harness. If they light up, that means they are already getting 12v. Not series.

12. Aug 27, 2024 at 1:13 PM
    hunghingchai72

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hi emacT4R! How are you? I finally figured out what was wrong when making Harness & successfully had both DRL Lights worked on 22 Limited.

I had purchased a WRONG HARNESS & it is important to purchase the Right Harness when making this Mod (see attached Pictures)

1. Correct Harness: iJDMTOY 9005 HB3 9145 H10 9006 HB4 Extension Wiring Harness Sockets Wires Compatible with High/Low Beam or Fog Lights Use (as showed in Products Discussed below)

2. Purchased Wrong Harness: TOMALL H11 to 9005 9006 Retrofit Wiring Harness for Light Blub Connector Socket Adapter 12cm(5inch) ==> DO NOT BUY THIS ONE (see attached Pictures for comparison)

This is the way that I had tried to find out which Wire on Passenger's Side is Positive & which one is Negative (Original Series Circuit on both Passenger/Drive Sides) after failing to make Harness for DRL Lights

1. Using Multi-meter to measure DC Voltage from Green Wire (Passenger's Side) to White/Black Wire (Driver's Side), it measured 13.5V when Engine is RUNNING & by removing 2 Halogen Bulbs out of the Sockets

2. Measured Continuity on Pink Wires on both Sides as they are connected & Good

3. On DD 9005 HP48, I had learned that Positive Pin is at 9005 Logo & Negative Pin is at HB3 Log (looking from the Back where Logos are printed)

Then, I had rebuilt the Harness again & finally both DRL Lights are turning ON, :):):):):)

Once again, Thank you again for your time & helps

Best Wishes to you & all T4R Members

BR,

Kent

Right_Wrong Harness.jpg Right_Wrong Harness.jpg Right_Wrong Harness_Power Connector.jpg Right_Wrong Harness.jpg Right_Wrong Harness_Power Connector.jpg DD 9005 HP48 LED Polarity.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
    Nubes and emacTR4[OP] like this.
  13. Aug 27, 2024 at 1:16 PM
    emacTR4

emacTR4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Great! I’m glad you got it sorted out.

To Top