1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Freedom UCAs

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by morfdq, Apr 2, 2024.

1. May 5, 2024 at 7:00 PM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    I think the OP has stock UCAs, which means factory rubber bushings.

2. May 6, 2024 at 5:28 AM
    Greg D

Greg D New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner
    Borla exhaust, Jet MAF sensor, K&N filter, Hayden rapid cool transmission cooler, Hella horns, electric fan, Pedal Commander, Derale power steering cooler,
    Yes. I don't think factory quality is as good as it was. My bushings are better than some newer models I have seen for steering rack. I have never worn out any rubber ones in anything in 45 years driving. I read all the reviews, some using for last 3 years, and they were highly rated. I don't abuse mine off road and don't expect any problems. I can destroy anything not trying and I have never replaced much of anything on a 4runner under 300k. I know I wanted polyurethane control arm bushings for durability, but I read about the squeaking. I synthetic grease all mine poly bushings and greasable sway bar brackets. I saw a guy with Chevy at alignment shop who paid $7k for suspension install and he was looking for squeak while driving also.

3. May 6, 2024 at 9:35 AM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    When I did my dobinsons lift, I kept my factory UCAs. I didn’t know it then, but the factory rubber bushings and ball joints are much quieter and less of a maintenance headache than a lot of aftermarket options. I don’t have great caster numbers, but they are good enough for me. I got something like 0.1 degrees outside of minumum spec on caster. It just makes it a little lively. It doesn’t wander, but needs little micro-corrections on normal interstate roads. On farm roads that pitch and roll, you have to stayon top of it though, as the 4runner will easy follow gravity. On regular roads, big bumps will cause the wheel to move in response, but I’d categorize that as feedback, not actual bump steer forces.

4. May 6, 2024 at 9:42 AM
    Greg D

Greg D New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner
    Borla exhaust, Jet MAF sensor, K&N filter, Hayden rapid cool transmission cooler, Hella horns, electric fan, Pedal Commander, Derale power steering cooler,
    They do wander naturally with big tires or without. I usually drive far left or right out of traveled way if I can. I'm used to driving 4wds and I don't think about it. Mine is sensitive like that to. That little out of spec shouldn't matter. Sometimes it's crown of road and condition.

Products Discussed in

To Top