1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A Guy A Girl and a Trail: Adventures in a 4Runner Limited

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Agent_Outside, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jul 9, 2023 at 8:56 AM
    Agent_Outside

Agent_Outside [OP] A Guy A Girl and A Trail

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited
    congrats on the retirement, this is an awesome place year round

2. Jul 9, 2023 at 9:33 AM
    Ironguy

Ironguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ralph
    Bisbee AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black 4Runner Venture 1967 FJ40 Land Cruiser
    New pine scent hanger, new sun shade
    Congratulations!

3. Jul 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM
    BearBio

BearBio New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2019, Dark Blue SR5
    Roof rack, side bars
    "The only thing that doesn't compute for me is that this topic comes up on a 4runner forum instead of a Prius forum. lmao."

You need to get out more!! Not all conservatives are ignorant red-necks! I used to hunt (until my knee got too racked up), fly fish, ocean fish, overland, etc.

4. Jul 9, 2023 at 1:14 PM
    BearBio

BearBio New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2019, Dark Blue SR5
    Roof rack, side bars
    I'm sure the Indians felt the same way!

5. Jul 9, 2023 at 3:54 PM
    Flingit1200s

Flingit1200s New Member

Member:
    Get out? I just got back from working three weeks in Singapore, I fish, shoot clays and travel extensively riding trails with side by sides in the midwest, rockies and south west so far. Conservative? I am one. Disagree with your portrayal of farmers? Yep. The vast majority are excellent stewards. Are there bad apples in the bunch? Of course. Just like all other professions. Btw, it never crossed my mind that you were a conservative or to call you a name to run you down. Enjoy your retirement sir.

Stitches1974 likes this.
  6. Jul 9, 2023 at 4:08 PM
    Stitches1974

Stitches1974 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Nautical Blue TRD ORP
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm jealous. I'm giving the states a few more years, then I'm most likely off to live the rest of my life in Thailand or the Philippines.

7. Aug 16, 2023 at 7:40 AM
    Agent_Outside

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited
    Over the windshield and roof rack mounted light bars are super popular but usually incorrectly utilized. The "correct" application for lights mounted up high is a very narrow beam spotlight pattern for far reaching light, typically for high speed driving, but what typically gets mounted up there is some kind of combination beam with wide or flood patterns. The result is scattered light, which can be ok when mounted down low, but causes significant glare when mounted up high. If you're lighting up your own hood (and potentially windshield) the glare from the light is causing your eyes to adjust and it's reducing your night vision. Think about when you're in an extremely dark environment and the light from your gauges seems blindingly bright. That's what you're doing with your high mounted light bar. If you're after form over function and you just want it to look cool, you do you. If you want the most out of your lighting Baja Designs has a great YouTube video explaining light zones and ideal applications for them.

This is dash cam video from a couple weekends ago. It’s a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Pro amber driving/combo in the foglight location with a pair Baja Designs S2 Pro amber wide cornering lights as ditch lights in action. It's amazing what a couple of properly utilized small lights can do.

grizzlypath, SlvrSlug and Yazzman like this.
  8. Aug 16, 2023 at 10:15 AM
    BearBio

BearBio New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2019, Dark Blue SR5
    Roof rack, side bars
    Most loss is through leaky valves and joints and evaporation, both from canals and fields. How many farmers spray their fields at night? And how many during the day (when it is hot) ? Recycling runoff (or not) leads to selenium build ups that will cause birth defects in livestock, humans, and especially waterfowl. Look at the West Hills area of the San Joaquin/Sacramento valleys. I don't drink even the iced tea from those areas=just bottled juices or bottled water! Granted a large percentage of the population increase may be from California (Any data to back that up?) but they aren't the only ones. When we left Cali in 2000, we were welcomed in eastern WA because the Cali immigrants were recognized as realizing just how screwed up their state had become. Unfortunately, the "bad" Californians discovered Seattle and Portland and things started going downhill.

BTW: I'm sure the Native Americans had been there a lot longer!

9. Aug 16, 2023 at 11:09 AM
    satoshi

satoshi Mοderatοr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD ORP LUNAR ROCK
    Wonderful setup! Love this

Agent_Outside[OP] likes this.
  10. Mar 11, 2024 at 2:21 PM
    1SilverRunner

1SilverRunner My boy, blue

Member:
    Tejas
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Off Road Premium
    Front Bumper: C4 Fabrication Low-Profile Bumper Warn Evo10-S Winch w/ Warn wireless adapter Extreme LED dual color light bar w/ Cali raised LED OEM style switch Bumper Cover Trimmed For Clearance Rear Bumper: 80% Off Road Rear Bash Bar Armor: RCI Skid plate package C4 Gas tank skid RCI Rear diff skid RCI Shock Skids RSG Angled/ Plated Sliders Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets Total Chaos Spindle Gussets 41.22 Hitch Slider Suspension: Dobinsons IMS long travel kit (Front: IMS59-50574 w/ C59-352 Springs) (Rear: IMS59-50575 w/ C59-675v Springs) Apache Off Road UCAs Apache Off Road HD Rear Links (Upper and Lower) Apache Off Road Rear Sway Bar Links Dobinsons Track Bar Front Sway Bar Delete DuroBumps Rear Bump stops PerryParts Front Bump stops DRKDSS Track Bar Correction kit Dobinsons Diff Drop Wheels/ Tires: RRW 17x8.5 -12 RR6-H Wheels 285/75/17 Falken A/T4W 1.25" SpiderTrax Spacers BMC, Pinch Weld Folded. Custom High Clearance Fender Liners *Coming soon Performance: OTT Tuned Scan Gauge II for Temp Monitoring Yota Shop Diff Breather Storage Solutions: LFD Cross-Bars Aiden James Customs Gear Plate w/ Slide Out Tables *Backordered, coming soon Rado Designs Molle storage panels and top shelf Glove Box organizer Center Console organizer Interior: Diode Dynamics LED Interior lighting (Warm white ftw) Meso Customs Hatch lights Meso Customs Door Handle Covers Ram ball mount for Garmin In-Touch Mini II FitCamX Dash Camera Scosche phone mount Weathertech floor matts Misc: Nano Ceramic Tint (Including windshield and sunroof) Midland MXT575 and Ghost Antenna Cali Raised LED 27W Ditch Lights OVS Nomadic 6.5' Awning AVS Low Profile Vent Visor AVS Bugflector II Diode Dynamic puddle lights LasFit Reverse lights LED license plate lights Ark Splash Guards Ark Mud Flap Deletes AJT Push-To-Start Button +Midland handheld GMRS radios, Baofeng UV-5R Ham radio, recovery gear, water purification system, lifeboat food rations, trauma kit, fire extinguisher and fire starting kit stay on board.
    How did the Rado molle storage system workout?
    One came up on FB marketplace locally... I was going to buy the Finn Fab version but hard to argue with the price he's asking.

11. Mar 11, 2024 at 3:47 PM
    Agent_Outside

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited

In my opinion, for my use, I don’t like them. The only reason we have them is because we use the hell out of the shelf. The shelf is one of my favorite mods ever, the racks are empty and encroach on tote space while only providing mounting for the shelf.

That said, no complaints with Rado.

12. Mar 11, 2024 at 3:47 PM
    Agent_Outside

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited
    Also I should try updating this thread again from time to time. It’s been a minute.

semprenissart and 2Toys like this.
  13. Apr 22, 2024 at 12:44 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB
    Yes, it has!

I don't think I've seen anything from you on IG lately either.

14. Apr 22, 2024 at 1:21 PM
    Agent_Outside

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited
    It's been winter. I’ve been all over. Since the fall we’ve gone to Florida, South Africa twice, Paris, Atlanta, California, Curacao, and Minnesota, plus we just got back from Mexico this Friday. I might be heading to Sweden in the next few weeks.

But the 4Runner has just been sitting and waiting for camping season.

CowboyTaco[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top