1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th Gen Stereo - Is there a Carplay Bluetooth adapter that works?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by DesertEnjoyer, May 28, 2024.

1. Jun 15, 2024 at 4:20 AM
    anewcaragain

anewcaragain New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 ORP
    I have the cheapest Ottocast off Amazon and it works great. It was like $60 on sale. I did have the goofy can’t control volume in CarPlay for about 2 weeks. I saw on Reddit that it was a Toyota thing as there were different vehicle models having the same issue. It either resolved itself with an iOS update or a headunit update. I don’t know which as it works fine again. I never updated the software on the Ottocast. Been weary on updating as I had CARLINKIT a while ago and when I did the software update, it bricked the device.

2. Jun 17, 2024 at 1:29 PM
    Manhattan

Manhattan New Member

Member:
    I take it all back (or deleted it!). This thing was worth the wait (still shouldn't take two weeks, but yeah, worth the wait).

So far - one song, one startup and I'm loving the Carlinkit 5.0.

Yesterday, I learned (here) that my truck has remote start. Today, (because of this thread) I have wireless CarPlay. You guys are dragging this 4-yr-old truck into the modern era!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
To Top