1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

33s on stock 4runner

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Yevgen, May 4, 2022.

1. Jul 10, 2023 at 6:29 PM
    TrailSpecial22

TrailSpecial22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trail Special Edition Lunar Rock
    2” lift Bilstein 6112 w/600 lb coils front, 1.5” lift Eibach T13 coils rear, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, TRD skidplate, TRD stainless catback w/black TRD side exhaust, TRD shifter handle, Weathertech bug deflector, 20% tint front, LED door bulbs, 285/70/17 Falken WP AT3, Energy Suspension front bumpstops, SSO Slimline Bumper w/ Badland Shackles, Durobumps 4.25” rear
    All good here. 2” lift Bilstein 6112 w/600 lb coils front, 1.5” lift Eibach T13 coils rear, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, 285/70/17 Falken WP AT3, Energy Suspension front bumpstops, SSO Slimline Bumper w/ Badland Shackles, Durobumps 4.25” rear, stock uca and lca.

73250B5E-62BB-4C2F-9686-79EBF2BD93A2.jpg

H3llRid3r and nimby like this.
  2. Jul 10, 2023 at 10:02 PM
    Rob41

Rob41 Veteran

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2023 Supercharged 4Runner TRD
    Magnuson Supercharger, CSF Performance Radiator, Eibach Pro-Truck Series 2R suspension, SCS Ray10 Bronze Wheels, Pedal Monster, TRD Pro Grill, TRD Pro Roof Rack
    Went down some rough two tracks yesterday with lop sided ruts. Lots or articulation and no rubbing with 285/70/17. Eibach 2.5 front and 1.5 rear no BMC. Close to the body mout so I will soon do the chop to be extra clear.

IMG_1334.jpg

3. Jul 14, 2023 at 10:58 AM
    mainerunr

mainerunr New Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD ORP
    Toyo AT3's, Greenlane Sliders
    TLDR; 285's are fine on stock wheels (OR, maybe Pro) but not with spacers or most aftermarket wheels due to negative offset increasing scrub radius too much (fender liner mod needed but should not need BMC). Lift will help until you stuff a wheel at which point you will understand that the lift did nothing to help clearance since the problem was always when stuffed (actually, a spacer, on the strut, not in the strut, would push the whole assembly down and possibly limits upward travel since bottoming out the shock ends up being the limiting factor rather than the bumpstop...and that can cause catastrophic shock failure).

Unrelated side note, when I put a spacer lift on my '05 Frontier (and 285/75R16's), I had no rubbing and no issues with shocks...the limiting factor for downward (droop) was the UCA contacting the coil bucket which pretty much only happened when lifting a wheel. Also, the ride was the same as stock (because the springs and shocks were...stock), I don't get people saying spacers ride terrible (unless they're talking about the ones that go in the strut assembly and I can't speak to that).

My plan is some 0mm offset wheels and probably 275's (most people will say why bother with 275's, my response is they're slightly bigger, visually noticeable even though they're only gonna get you a quarter inch clearance...which is also only a quarter inch less than you get with 285's so...why not). I might just say f-it and go with 285's. gonna wear out these 265's (that I only got because 275's were backordered).

Old Tanker and nimby like this.
  4. Jul 14, 2023 at 8:40 PM
    MI4Funner

MI4Funner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 Premium
    I have a stock SR5 that I put 285/70/17 K02’s on a week ago with factory ORP wheels (+15 offset). Initially thought I wasn’t rubbing at all, and even posted that on the forum here, but later realized I was a little bit. I took off the front mud flaps and did the fender liner push back. Both incredibly easy and worthwhile for having the 285’s. No rubbing at all now. I will still probably trim the bumper, and maybe even a BMC later, all just for good measure and plenty of room off road. IMO go with 285 K02’s, maybe you’ll rub a bit, but not the end of the world, just figure out what needs to be adjusted and go from there.

also, if you go through Discount Tire they have a great return policy, wouldn’t be surprised if they more or less let you “try on” the 285’s and then switch to a smaller tire if they didn’t fit the way you wanted.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    hossler1788 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top