1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which dobinsons did you go with?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Gyoaz, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Jan 25, 2020 at 7:23 AM
    Gyoaz

Gyoaz [OP] Garyo

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    5th gen 4runner TE
    Diff breather, Camburg UCAs, dobinsons 3" lift, front n’ rear steel, RTT, scuba exuiped, OBA, and some lights
    I'm ordering a 3" dobinsons lift and was hoping for a lil advice. I'll be adding a 250+ lbs rear bumper with tire gate, jerry candy and hi lift. In the front I'll be adding a warn 8000s and bumper. I usually take 300lbs of camping gear on an outing. I occasionally tow about 4k lbs of boat or trailer. I want the full 3" lift and dont mild a mild (factory or less) rake when empty but I dont want to be drooping when loaded, a slight droop while towing is acceptable. Anyone with a similar set up care to chime in?

2. Jan 25, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    wmdtech

wmdtech Send MOD Money!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Mid TN
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD ORP
    285/70r17 KO2 Eibach Stage 1 JBA UCAs
    I called Dobinsons and couldn’t be happier with their customer service, I would recommend you do the same. I have not ordered yet, but what I appreciated was them not trying to sell me anything I didn’t truly need. If you call and tell them what your plans are, they will tell you exactly what you need. I really feel they are a stand up company.

nimby and Gyoaz[OP] like this.
  3. Jan 25, 2020 at 8:54 AM
    Gyoaz

Gyoaz [OP] Garyo

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    5th gen 4runner TE
    Diff breather, Camburg UCAs, dobinsons 3" lift, front n’ rear steel, RTT, scuba exuiped, OBA, and some lights
    I did call them they gave good advice. I'm mostly just trying to decide between heavy and super heavy coils in the rear. I was hoping someone on here could give some of their experience with the stiffness of their setup. The stock front end, in my opinion, is way way too squishy when braking. And I'm coming from a taco on OME 886s and Dakars so a bumpy ride shouldn't be too bad.

wmdtech likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top