1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro Wheels ‘23 4Runner part number

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by 4PINEmtn, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Oct 2, 2023 at 12:17 PM
    4PINEmtn

4PINEmtn [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2023 Gray 4Runner ORP
    Hello,

I recently purchased a ‘23 4Runner ORP. I am wanting to order the TRD Pro Wheels. I have seen it asked in a few areas on various forums, but cannot seem to find a definite answer, nor can my local dealer confirm. I see two part numbers for the 17” Pro wheels. Which one is the correct one for a ‘23 4Runner? Does it even matter which one? Seems to be a decent price difference between the PTR56-89210-F2 and PTR20-35110-BK. Please see the differing part numbers below:

https://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/o...j-ptr5689210f2?c=bD0zJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

https://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/o...k-ptr2035110bk?c=bD04Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

Thank you.

2. Oct 2, 2023 at 12:51 PM
    Borracho Loco

Borracho Loco My 4Runner identifies as a Prius!

Member:
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    Vehicle:
    2023 40th Anniversary Special Edition
    Oooh look, another mod.....
    Those are two different wheels. PTR56 has a red ring around the TRD logo in the center. Plus it has a more concave look to it. PTR2035 has a more natural inward curve:

They're both "TRD" wheels, styled just a bit different.

[​IMG][​IMG]

mal10015 likes this.
  3. Oct 4, 2023 at 9:35 AM
    mal10015

mal10015 New Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock Great Value TRD Pro aka TRD ORP
    To add to this, the top photo is the older style wheel that's still available as an option from factory known as the TRD SEMA wheels. The bottom wheel is what's supposed to come standard on al TRD Pros now.

Here's a photo of our truck for reference.
    Our truck came with the TRD SEMA wheels from the factory. I threw on the newer gen wheels because I had already purchased the wheels and tires well before we took delivery of our 4R. We had a deposit on a different truck that took way too long to come in and ended up buying ours.

Also FYI, if you want to get the newer gen wheels, you'll more than likely have to buy the center caps separately which are near impossible to find unless supply chain caught up with the back orders.

4Runner before after 1.jpg

w4terwiings likes this.
  4. Oct 4, 2023 at 10:19 AM
    4PINEmtn

4PINEmtn [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2023 Gray 4Runner ORP
    Thank you both for your responses.

I thought the bottom (2nd) image of your Lunar Rock 4Runner was the one standard on the new TRD pro's too, but our local dealer has a '23 TRD Pro with these wheels:
    [​IMG]

On Toyota's website, they have the PTR56 wheel with either pre-production center cap or a photoshopped one? lol:

upload_2023-10-4_10-18-40.png

It sounds like either will work which I appreciate you both letting me know. BTW your Lunar Rock looks great! Thank you for sharing.

kolter45 likes this.
  5. Oct 4, 2023 at 10:56 AM
    mal10015

mal10015 New Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock Great Value TRD Pro aka TRD ORP
    Thanks!

Yes, some of the brand new TRD Pros are being sold with the older wheels because the center caps of the new gen TRD Pro wheels are on national back order, so Toyota made the decision to sell some of the Pros with the "old" SEMA wheels. I had to search high and low to get my center caps and luckily a dealership in my region had a set.

6. Oct 4, 2023 at 2:11 PM
    betsy

betsy New Member

Member:
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro, Ice Cap
    For anecdata, we bought a 2023 TRD Pro a week ago with 1 mile on the odometer and the older SEMA wheels. (Alexandria Toyota, Washington DC metro area)

7. Oct 10, 2023 at 2:43 PM
    jtyree23

jtyree23 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Westcott Designs: Rack, Ladder, Sliders, TRD Pro Fox Lift Kit.
    We bought ours 3 months ago and the Dealer just called to inform us we can come in to swap out our older style for the newer 23 design. Center caps were indeed the hold up from Toyota. I like the newer style, more concave design...looks cool.

8. Oct 12, 2023 at 4:07 PM
    4PINEmtn

4PINEmtn [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2023 Gray 4Runner ORP
    Thank you all for your help. I ended up ordering the newer, PTR56 wheels. (center caps on backorder...)

I am probably either going to order Toyo Open Country R/T trails, or Nitto Recon Grappler's. Have had many sets of BFG KO2's, like the Falken's, but looking for something different. Hopefully these won't be too aggressive, and wear well. I can post pictures once I get them put on as I have not seen a lot of pictures of either.

Products Discussed in

To Top