1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on tire size/fitment

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by KSapanza4Runner, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Nov 6, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    KSapanza4Runner

KSapanza4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Toyota 4runner SR5
    So I’m doing a fit test on the Cooper Evo MTs 285/70/17 tomorrow at discount tire for my 2018 SR5 with the Eibach pro truck lift(2.75” front/1” rear) but just wanted to see if anyone here has any input or advice as well. Obviously I’ll see how it looks tomorrow but I’m just curious what others experiences are with fitting 285s with the same or similar lift as mine.

PS: Currently at my DT, they only have the 285s in stock and they don’t make 275s so it just gave me an excuse to try out the 285s and tell my wife that “Maybe going bigger would be better”

SlvrSlug likes this.
  2. Nov 7, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Lots of people have 285's. You will most likely have to trim something to get them to fit.

But lift is not the significant factor when it comes to rubbing. Rubbing will depend more on your wheel specs and alignment.

As an example, I have a 1.6" lift with 285's. I'm running the stock OR wheels and I have my caster pushed up to 3.6 degrees to avoid rubbing on the mudflap or the body mount in the back of my wheel well. Pushing your caster up will make you rub on the front fender liner/fender flare though......so you will have to address that (as I did). The good news is that is super easy.

But with a 2.75" lift, you won't be able to get your caster very far forward unless you have aftermarket UCAs.......so you might be looking at mudflap trimming/molding/removal and potentially a body mount chop.

Mtbpsych likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top