1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on Alignment Specs

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by JerseyDevil5, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Oct 5, 2018 at 9:39 AM
    JerseyDevil5

JerseyDevil5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner Limited
    2.5”/1.5” Daystar Spacer Lift, 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer A/T3’s, K&N CAI, Jet Powr-Flo MAF, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust.
    Hi, I just lifted my 2018 4Runner Limited with the Daystar 2.5”/1.5” spacer kit. I also put on 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer A/T3’s. I had the slightest bit of a rub in reverse full lock on the drivers side, which I took care of by pushing the fender liner forward. I had the alignment done yesterday. The tech worked on it for 3 hours and said that was the best he could do. I was not charged for it because they didn’t get it all in specs. It drives fine, even on the interstate. The steering wheel is straight on. The toe is good. I would like a little more caster but that spec isn’t hurting anything since it’s driving straight and I eliminated the tiny rub. My only concern is the camber. I don’t want uneven tire wear. Should I bite the bullet, purchase UCA’s and get it re-aligned or save the money and keep an eye on the tire wear as long as it’s driving good? I really do no off-roading anymore. I appreciate all of your input. Thanks!

8197E719-5154-4DCE-9A72-54EF68FAADE5.jpg

2. Oct 5, 2018 at 9:49 AM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
  3. Oct 5, 2018 at 9:55 AM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    get the uca's. left as is I suspect any bump is gonna contribute to miss aligning.

JerseyDevil5[OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 6, 2018 at 8:12 AM
    JBTRD

JBTRD As usual, saying something stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2016 (The Real) Trail Edition
    I would get new UCAs i use to run a spacer lift and had a slight miss align but drove pretty good. Then i went with a coil adjustable lift and added new UCAs not only is my alignment perfect but the ride and control is a million times better.

JerseyDevil5[OP] and ruiz4251 like this.
  5. Oct 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM
    JerseyDevil5

JerseyDevil5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner Limited
    2.5”/1.5” Daystar Spacer Lift, 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer A/T3’s, K&N CAI, Jet Powr-Flo MAF, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust.
    I went ahead and ordered some of the SPC uca’s last night. I had them on my 2010 4Runner I just traded in with the 3” Toytec Lift and had no issues at all. I am starting to notice the drive isn’t the best at higher speeds. They should be in on Tuesday, so hopefully get the alignment completed on Wednesday. Thanks for all of your responses!!

ruiz4251 and JBTRD like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top