1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Techstream done free (central Ohio) now through 5-1-24

Discussion in 'Mid West U.S.' started by MeefZah, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Apr 3, 2024 at 5:29 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah [OP] ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 GX460
    EDIT - no longer available, service timed out.

OK, it's not Techstream but it's Carista. I bought the dongle and one month of service to tweak a few settings in the 4R and now I no longer need it. If anyone wants to meet up and borrow it to set up your Toyota product prior to the subscription expiring on 5-1-24, PM me. Lexington, Ohio...driving to Polaris or Easton (Columbus) about once a week. Generally available nights and weekends.

The Carista website has a list of compatible vehicles and also the various things it can customize on each of them, so look that over to see if what you want to do is doable.

For the 4R I set the windows and sunroof to open with the remote, turned off the seat belt warnings, turned off the remote chirps, and set the rear wiper to the longest available intermittent timer. If you have a 2019 or prior you can do a bunch of stuff with lights / timers / locks and so forth using Carista that the newer models have settings for in the head unit, but the 2019s don't, so it's actually more versatile for the slightly older trucks who don't get all the settings available to them in the head unit.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    Getuponit and Daddykool like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top