1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spare tire locks for 5th gen TRD Pro?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by justdooit253, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Jun 17, 2020 at 6:53 PM
    justdooit253

justdooit253 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Pro Super White
    I bought a 2020 TRD Pro 4Runner about a month ago and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if they make spare tire locks for this particular model. I called a Toyota Dealership nearby in So Cal and they said it doesn’t exist for this model. That seems hard to believe. So Cal is not particularly the safest place for spare tires unfortunately. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Jun 17, 2020 at 10:36 PM
    4Runner22

4Runner22 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 VooDoo Blue 4Runner TRD Pro
    You can only purchase a spare tire lock for the Tacoma and Tundra since you can easily access the hole in the rear bumper to bring down the spare tire. On our 4Runner the hole to bring down the spare tire is behind the rear hatch when it's closed. Trust me there is no way you can bring down that spare tire without accessing that hole with the tool. That spare is locked in there really good.

3. Jun 23, 2020 at 9:38 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 GX460
    The mechanism also has a provision to put a padlock through a lug hole if you need the extra security; never heard of a spare getting stolen though. The thief would have to torch it off or maybe work a sawzall up in there, lot of effort for a shitty steel wheel and a sub-par Bridgestone Dueler.

Products Discussed in

To Top