1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SCS Gen5 Wheels on 2nd Gen CENTER CAPS HELP

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Jesher Shark, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Oct 6, 2023 at 12:00 PM
    Jesher Shark

Jesher Shark [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995 Green 4Runner
    Work in Progress
    I have my amazing 1995 4Runner.
    received_666702078532672.jpg

I needed new tires, I wanted bigger, so I went all out (over several months) and got myself a 2-inch lift kit, 265x70x17 all terrains, Sumitomo Encounters, and the new wheels to harbor the new tire size. SCS Gen5 gunmetal grey wheels. To me, this is AWESOME, and it's exactly the right height, size, etc!

But...

I did not think they would not come with center caps, but apparently that is becoming a more common practice? Regardless, I searched out some SCS Gen5 center caps and found a few options that would work. BUT ONLY FOR THE REARS. The fronts have a bulging part that I am not sure what to do about. The center caps I am finding very obviously do not have enough accomdating room to go over the bulge. And I am having extreme difficulty finding something that will work with these wheels AND has enough space to cover the bulding part of my vehicle at the center of the front wheels.

If anyone has ANY knowledge to help out, I would be ever so eternally grateful 20231004_114232.jpg received_2129836727350229.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top