1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retrofit 2015 4runner with 2020+ Jbl headunit

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Chsen, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Aug 26, 2024 at 8:26 AM
    Chsen

Chsen [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota 4runner Limited Red
    I am looking to retrofit my 2015 limited trim jbl system with 2020+ jbl head unit for CarPlay. I found a jbl head unit from 2024, but not able to find any 2024 amplifier. Would any 2020+ jbl amplifiers work with 2024 head unit, or I need to buy a 2024 one?

2. Aug 26, 2024 at 8:28 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
    I'd contact: https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/en...sS7VKMLzOsDmIaLg7-cXujz0RBsyoiX8aAr3fEALw_wcB

Notes regarding JBL Vehicles:

If you have JBL in your vehicle, you will either need to install a JBL Entune 3.0 unit and swap the JBL amplifier from a newer vehicle or install a non-JBL Entune 3.0 unit (although this is not recommended and will require us to provide you with additional adapters). It is not possible to use the existing JBL amplifier with a newer JBL headunit. We have tried this and it didn't work for us. If you figure out how to get it to work, let us know! In the same vein, it is not recommended to install a JBL unit into a non-JBL vehicle. If you plan to do this, you will need the JBL amp to go with the unit and about $600 of wiring from us get the whole thing working.

The adapter for JBL vehicles is also different from the non-JBL adapter so please let us know that this is what you will be installing! In addition, we will need to provide you with additional wiring to adapter the connector for the new amplifier.

Products Discussed in

To Top