1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations for enclosed car carriers in the Northeast

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by RussFoo, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Jul 13, 2024 at 12:46 PM
    RussFoo

RussFoo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 TRD ORP
    Hello! This isn't the first post I thought I would make, but I'm asking for recommendations for very reputable enclosed car transport companies in the northeast, please. My brand new dream build 2024 TRD ORP is en route to the Toyota dealer, and because of a busy few weeks of travel, it will work better for me to ship the car from the dealer in upstate NY to my home in Eastern Mass. I'm leaning toward Sherpa or Montway, and think I'd be okay with either. So far, I'm not 100% trusting of SGT, Road Runner, or Amerifreight. This isn't the easiest thing to shop for, and I'd prefer piece of mind to lowest cost. Thanks in advance for any informed recommendations.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
    Bob likes this.
  2. Jul 13, 2024 at 2:28 PM
    Sin4R

Sin4R New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 Underground Limited
    Mall crawling kit.
    Enclosed car carriers are for collector and exotic cars. They cost accordingly - thousands. May not even take your business - as the truck is too large and your request is too unusual.

Personally, I would spend that money on a new rims or ceramic coat or anything else.

Bob likes this.
  3. Jul 13, 2024 at 2:42 PM
    steelevo

steelevo Not so new anymore...

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro Solar Octane
    Welcome.

The best advice that I can give you is to stay away from brokers and go directly with the company. I have used both Reliable Auto Carriers and Intercity Lines. Closed carriers will cost 3-4 times what an open carrier will cost you. Unless it’s a rare or exotic car, I would recommend open carrier or fly out and drive it back.

RussFoo[OP] and Bob like this.
  4. Jul 14, 2024 at 6:17 PM
    Nhmountainman

Nhmountainman New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 TRD Pro Terra
    Enclosed offers the best protection. Proper car transportation carries can easily haul a 4Runner. They move classic trucks to big ole heavy American boats. If you can afford it, go enclosed.

Products Discussed in

To Top