1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Preliminary Review - Over-Sand Tire Deflators

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Bluesky 07, Jul 28, 2024.

1. Jul 28, 2024 at 5:01 AM
    Bluesky 07

Bluesky 07 [OP] Not a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Silver ‘07 Sport V6 4WD @ 263K miles
    “Deep” Satoshi grille | X-REAS delete / TRD Offroad front springs & Bilstein 4600 shocks + FJC rear springs | Weathertech front & rear mats | Tinted front windows | Floor Armor cargo mat | TPMS bypass | LED interior, tag, & reverse lights | BlueSea Systems console USB power ports | Gentex 453 autodim mirror w/Homelink & compass | Kenwood DDX373BT HU + Audiovox backup camera | Fumoto F-103S | Bazooka tube subwoofer | Kenwood speakers & KAC-M1804 amp | Philips H9/9011 headlight bulbs | Rexing V1 Gen3 dash cam | Map light mod | Breather mod | Off-road Nav Setup | Power Stop Z36 brakes | OBD Fusion diagnostics
    I researched a good number of tire deflators before ordering these from Over-Sand. This is a quick review based only on my ordering experience and a test run of all 4 deflators in my garage. For the record, I have no association with Over-Sand and I bought the product at a price available to the public (minus their veteran discount).

Rationale: I wanted deflators that could be easily adjusted on the fly. That rules out many b/c the recalibration process is such that you would seldom want to do it on a trail.

Cost/Value: At ~$70, these are in the mid- to upper-range of the deflators I researched (~$15 - ~$105). They offer a military/veteran discount, just message them for a code. They're a terrific value given the product quality IMO.

User-Friendliness: These are easily reset and have a precise, logical scale that makes it easy to hit your target pressure. This is 18 PSI as an example. You use the main scale to go to 20 then turn it to + or - values on the lower scale, so for me it was -2. There's an instructional video that explains the process.

[​IMG]

They're easy to put on and remove.

[​IMG]

Someone said they bought some quick-connect chucks to avoid screwing deflators on and off. I tried that and the accuracy changed to +1.5 lb. off. The convenience factor was negligible anyway so I'm returning the chucks.

[​IMG]

Accuracy: They come set to 20 PSI. I plan to keep them at 18. The first one was spot on, hitting 18 PSI on the nose. From there I got an 18.5 and two 17.5s. To be clear, that's my calibration and not the product. I may tweak the settings but even if not, the difference is insignificant for trail riding.

[​IMG]

Performance:
    Deflation time from 32 PSI to 18 PSI was 2 min 15 seconds and each deflator stopped within +/- .5 lbs. of the target.

Convenience:
    They come in a metal case with a custom foam insert, and it happens to fit perfectly in the front pocket of my off-road gear bag.

upload_2024-7-28_7-51-55.png

[​IMG]

Customer Service:
    I messaged them on FB with a couple of questions and they responded immediately. Shipping was fast and free. They even included a handwritten thank you note with the product.

[​IMG]

Overall: All things considered, I highly recommend Over-Sand's deflators.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024

Products Discussed in

To Top