1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Non-lift springs for a better ride?

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by extremophilzelite, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jul 7, 2020 at 1:16 PM
    extremophilzelite

extremophilzelite [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 2WD
    My 4runners got 140,000 miles and pretty sure it’s still on the stock springs. I’m installing Bilstein 5100 shocks but leaving the stock springs. Worried that the ride quality is not going to change all that much unless I replace the springs too. (Truck bounces all over the place right now) Any recommendations for a stiffer spring @ stock height? Not looking to get any lift from them.

2. Jul 7, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    My opinion.......I think you could just get away with replacing the shocks. You're feeling the bounciness from the springs because your shocks not dampening bumps properly. Change the shocks and that bounciness will go away.

Now if you notice your truck sagging in places, that's a different story. The springs could be fatigued and you would need to replace them.

If you still think you need new springs, I would call Eibach to see if they make a stock replacement set. You could also try Dobinsons.

3. Jul 7, 2020 at 3:26 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    We just replaced the rear springs on a 4th gen with new OEM springs from the dealer. The old ones at 120k miles were about 3/4” lower. New ones ride just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top