1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member looking for another manual 3rd gen 4runner like I once had, how hard to find?

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by nuts4sticks, Sep 21, 2024.

1. Sep 21, 2024 at 10:25 AM
    nuts4sticks

nuts4sticks [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Had a stick3rd gen 4runner from 2014-2018, sold it when I needed the cash for my business and have regretted it nearly every day since!

Sold a few of my cars and am looking for "the one" a low mileage original 3rd gen manual 4runner. No mods No rust original paint, I want close to new as possible. Have an open checkbook and will spend top top dollar for the right truck. Anyone have an idea HOW HARD it is to find? or if anyone here has some new ones stashed away :)

Thanks

2. Sep 21, 2024 at 11:35 AM
    nuts4sticks

nuts4sticks [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Any insight or help is much appreciated thank you

3. Sep 21, 2024 at 3:56 PM
    Trekker

Trekker Regular Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 3rz 5spd
    To find a manual is difficult, to find one with low milage that hasn't been messed with is extremely hard.

If you just want one now no matter the cost Bringatrailer seems to usually have an auction for one going on, but be prepared to pay because they often go between $9000-22000, with lower milage bringing that higher range. And they're usually cleaner too.

On FBM and Craigslist it's more often to see them 7-15k, but it's unusual to see them with no mods or in perfect shape. If you can wait you can find one that ticks most of the boxes for a better price. On the East Coast the prices for good ones will start higher because all 3rd gens are uncommon because of rust.

Products Discussed in

To Top