1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to buy 2006 4x4 advice

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Sc40831, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jul 10, 2020 at 3:11 PM
    Sc40831

Sc40831 [OP] New Member

Member:
  2. Jul 10, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Almost seems like the seller is trying to get money back from the lift, wheels and tires at that price. Remember all you want is the truck and you're not interested in any of the extras the seller did. I'm assuming you know all the stuff you need to look for on a used ride, but make a list anyway so you don't overlook anything. Bring and mini flashlight and get under it and check for rust, oil, or any thing else that looks weird, greasy, or freshly painted. Find out when the differentials were last serviced. Original water pump? I know resale value is regional but a dealer probably wouldn't even give $7k on a trade so use that to your advantage as well. If you liked it enough and offered $9k and then pulled $9500-$10k in cash out of your pocket I'd be shocked if the the seller wouldn't take it. Then drive it straight to the auto parts store and get rid of that worthless K&N filter.

Ric and Sc40831[OP] like this.
  3. Jul 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM
    Sc40831

Sc40831 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ok thanks I've been watching videos on YouTube of where to check for Rust, and I plan on having a shop do a pre buy inspection so I don't overlook something.
    I have been looking at Craigslist prices in california and they are all priced over bluebook. If i was to find another one in good shape with low miles I'd probably still pay around 10 and then I'd want to ad a lift and tires after.

4. Jul 13, 2020 at 11:21 AM
    aolson6

aolson6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 4X4
    3" Toytech Lift with Coilovers and Toyo Open Country AT 285s
    That seems like a good CA price to be honest.

Products Discussed in

To Top