1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling Kit on 2024 Limited

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Switchback Runner, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Jul 10, 2024 at 3:20 PM
    Switchback Runner

Switchback Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2024 White Limited
    Leveling lift Kit TRD Pro Wheels Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70R17 tires 10" GPS mounted to dash
    Hello everyone. I just added TRD wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70R17 tires to my 2024 4Runner Limited. I also had a leveling lift kit (1 ½ inch) installed. The vehicle now tends to wander within its travel lane in a way it never did in the stock configuration. I must constantly work the steering wheel to keep it tracking straight. Do you think the steering might improve and the ride might be less stiff if I removed the lift kit? I don’t want to give up the TRD wheels and tires. Do you think they would they still fit under the front end if I removed the lift kit? Thanks.

2. Jul 10, 2024 at 3:27 PM
    5thToy

5thToy New Member

Member:
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5P
    Did you have an alignment done after the lift?

Depending on how you accomplished the lift the stiffer ride may just come with the territory. I'm guessing spacers.

IFS lifts don't accomplish tire clearance and you are on OEM wheels with stock sized tires so it wasn't needed for your wheel/tire combination anyway. If there is any rubbing with that configuration it can be alleviated with a bit of plastic trimming.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  3. Jul 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM
    CalcityRenegade

CalcityRenegade New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Earth
    Vehicle:
    2023 T4R ORP KDSS
    I would check alignment and balancing first. I did a spacer lift on my 2020 Tacoma before going to Bilstein's and it drove exactly the same as it did before the spacer lift.

4. Jul 10, 2024 at 3:47 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    Surely checking alignment at a good 4x4 shop would be good.

As for the spacer lift I really hope its just a small drop in tophat spacer lift. If one try to use a common 3in front 2in rear spacer kit would run a risk ruining the XREAS shocks in the installation process. Non XREAS trims have no problems removing the shocks out of the vehicle -> install the spacer -> install back to the vehicle. But not XREAS shocks. If the oil is leaked from the XREAS lines, shocks RIP.

5. Jul 10, 2024 at 6:44 PM
    Switchback Runner

Switchback Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2024 White Limited
    Leveling lift Kit TRD Pro Wheels Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70R17 tires 10" GPS mounted to dash
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, the dealer that installed the 1 1/2 inch front lift to level the vehicle also did an alignment. And the wheels and tires are new and were balanced by the dealer.

6. Jul 10, 2024 at 8:02 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    How was this 1 1\2" lift accomplished? Springs? Spacers?

You may be one of the unlucky few that may need new upper control arms due to the lift. They're not usually needed until the lift is around 3", but not every vehicle responds the same to being lifted.

If I were you, I'd have the alignment checked by a trusted alignment shop. Of course the dealership is going to say they aligned it, but your description of how it's driving doesn't bear that out.

Also, the fact that new tires AND wheels were introduced at the same time adds more variables to what is causing the wandering, and makes chasing down the solution that much more difficult.

7. Jul 11, 2024 at 6:55 AM
    toolndie7

toolndie7 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    24 ORP
    Definitely sounds like a lack of caster. A proper alignment might squeeze a little more caster for you but if the numbers are not there then you would need to install upper control arms. Which seems silly for such a mild lift.

8. Jul 11, 2024 at 6:59 AM
    Manhattan

Manhattan New Member

Member:
    Can you take a pic of the front springs/shocks - that would help us determine the type of lift, without you going back to the dealership for info.

Products Discussed in

To Top