1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leak

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by dshumway, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Dec 3, 2022 at 3:05 PM
    dshumway

dshumway [OP] New Member

Member:
    Help! Haha I’m not very good when it comes to engine stuff but I woke up this morning to a little puddle of oil under my 2006 4runner and I think I might have found the leak after a second of the car being on sounded like some oil was squirting out and looks like it’s coming from around the pulley just don’t know why the part is called but might be a problem with my cam seal maybe? Any help would be appreciated here is the photo. It’s in between those pulleys kind of

682B82E4-C02D-4311-952B-FAFA103B4D43.jpg

2. Dec 3, 2022 at 5:25 PM
    AuSeeker

AuSeeker Old As Dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Skip
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2004 Limited
    If oil is indeed "squirting out" you have more than a leak and need to get someone to look at it ASAP, and I wouldn't drive it depending on how much oil is being lost, you could run out of oil and destroy the engine!!!

How big of a puddle is under the vehicle on the ground and how long does it take for that size puddle to form?

Oil can leak out of a engine from a bad seal/gasket and not be an immediate issue, but if it's squirting out it's a serious issue!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    importman, negusm and 2Toys like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top