1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Humming noise 4Runner

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Mathew, Oct 5, 2024.

1. Oct 5, 2024 at 6:45 PM
    Mathew

Mathew [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mathew
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner
    Hello all
    I have 2007 4runner
    I hearing a . humming or rumble noise when I drive straight and turn left,but if I turn right I not hearing any noise.
    After hearing the noise I diagnosed with Toyota
    They told me to change right side passenger wheel bearing,but the outcome was same.

I have recently changed my all wheel bearing including rear differential bearing as well.
    Could some one please help me out with the solution.
    I am not sure is it because of the needs bearing or ECGs bushings as well.
    Please some one advice

2. Oct 7, 2024 at 4:47 AM
    Buckaroo

Buckaroo New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Ltd T4R 4WD V6
    Well....I would stop installing new parts until you get a definitive diagnosis. Could be lots of things. Perhaps tire noise. Rotate the tires from the left side to the right side and see if the noise moves. Maybe a CV joint - inspect the boots. Maybe brakes. Apply the brakes and see if the noise changes. Maybe driveline. Does the noise change with coasting vs acceleration. Perhaps get a Chassis Ear (the wired version works fine and is cheaper) or have a shop that has one use it to determine the location of the noise. You hook up audio microphones at various locations, drive the truck while making the noise come & go and switch back and forth between the microphone channels to determine where the noise is coming from. Need to have some experience to be able to interpret the results. Finally, maybe you just wait for it to get worse to help you figure you where it is coming from.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2024
    Daddykool likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top