1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High mileage Lexus IS250?

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Trail Runnah, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Nov 22, 2023 at 10:00 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Been kind of looking around for a comfortable commuter, I'm tired of spending 2 hours a day in my 4Runner and putting 20K a year on it just getting back and forth to work.

The second gen Lexus IS250 just popped up on my radar. There's a few of them on my marketplace, one of them for 6k is a 2011 with 194k miles on it. Car looks really clean, and I've multiple videos about how these are super reliable.

Anyone have any experience with these, would it be crazy to pick up something like this and expect to get at least another 2 years/ 40k miles out of it?

2. Nov 22, 2023 at 10:08 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    Isn't IS250 is direct injection only and having carbon build up problems? Lesson learnt other models continue to use both direct and port injection.

3. Nov 22, 2023 at 10:16 AM
    Trail Runnah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    No idea. I'm just doing research about these now I'm not familiar with these cars. I honestly didn't know till yesterday that Lexus had a 2.5 L V6, I assumed the 250 was a 4 cylinder model.

Haha, as I type this, I'm watching a video on one, and the guy just mentioned the importance of regular oil changes with quality oil due to the direct injection, so I guess you're right. This person has 350kilometers on theirs, which equates to about 220k miles.

I'll probably research these for a few days and then move on to something else, lol. Last week I thought maybe an RX 350 might fit the bill, but realized it barely gets better mileage than the 4Runner.

I also kind of want to sell the 4Runner and pick up an LR3. For what I could get for the 4Runner, I could buy both cars, haha. I know that's nuts, so I probably won't do that, lol.

4. Nov 22, 2023 at 10:22 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
  5. Nov 22, 2023 at 10:56 AM
    Trail Runnah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Haha, I've already fallen down in LR3 rabbit hole.

I was looking into the suspension, you can do a complete 2.5-in lift, the correct way for the air suspension, for 450 bucks. The air suspension is designed to maintain proper alignment all through its complete range of travel, so there's no issues with lifting it 2.5 in, unlike the Toyota's, where you spend more for a set of upper control arms than the whole suspension kit for the Rover. And if the air struts go, you can replace them for approximately the same price as a set of Bilsteins.

I had thought air suspension and 4-wheel independent was bad, but turns out they have pretty good travel. 10" front, 14" the rear, and they're linked side to side, so as one wheel is forced up, the other wheel is forced down, to mimic the articulation of a solid axle. Pretty impressive!

kmeeg[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Nov 22, 2023 at 4:58 PM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    Avalon or Camry. If you want real comfort then you will probably want the limited.

Trail Runnah[OP] likes this.
  7. Nov 25, 2023 at 10:05 AM
    Trail Runnah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    I had completely forgotten the Avalon was a thing, haha. Might be bigger than I need for a commuter, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at them.

To Top