1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello Minnesota! Exhaust Manifold: Question/Recommendation

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Minn4Runner, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Jul 17, 2023 at 7:57 PM
    Minn4Runner

Minn4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello, members in Twin Cities Metro areas (St. Paul/Minneapolis). The exhaust manifold on my 2007 4-Runner needs to be replaced. It has a huge hole caused by rust, and it loud. I know it will be expensive. I'm looking for a recommendation on a repair shop that will do a good job, use quality parts, and not overcharge. Thanks!

2. Jul 19, 2023 at 3:44 PM
    PhantomTweak

PhantomTweak New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    1999 4Runner, bone stock
    None. Bone Stock. EXCEPT: Brushguard, tow hitch, both welded to the frame. It's good to have friends and a fully equipped garage!
    Believe it or not, I've had great luck with Midas Mufflers. I got the muffler in an 87 4Runner replaced by them back in about 97. Recently, like about 2019 or so, it started leaking again, all around the inlet pipe. I took it to a local shop, the last having been in Yuma, Az. They replaced the muffler free, and inspected the entire system, again, free.
    I don't recall what it cost the first time, but after so many years to get a free replacement is pretty good, IMHO. The techs that did the work were knowledgable and very professional. Didin't take hardly any time to get done, either....

Pat☺

3. Jul 22, 2023 at 8:24 AM
    Minn4Runner

Minn4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks Pat - I'm actually looking for a shop to replace my exhaust manifold (not an exhaust pipe or muffler). My 4runner is a V8 2007 and I understand this is a common problem, especially in MN where we salt the roads in the winter. If hear about other options, let me know!
    Thank you!

4. Jul 22, 2023 at 3:51 PM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    Just wondering, have you checked the rest of the undercarriage out for frame rust? This could be an indication of more damage.

RumHamRunner73 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top