1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas tank filler hose problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Springermaniac, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Jun 20, 2023 at 5:10 PM
    Springermaniac

Springermaniac [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1990 4Runner
    I just had a great time finding a good gas tank, sandblasted the old fuel pump support bracket, cleaned up the fuel gauge sender, got the new fuel pump in and put the tank back together. I can’t believe how hard it is to get the tank back into this 4 runner, the intake hoses are mounted to the frame by some crazy bracket that I can’t figure out how to loosen. It’s next to impossible to get the hoses back onto the filler necks on the tank, there must be a way to loosen that bracket. Has anyone else experienced this issue, any advice would be very welcome??‍♂️

2. Jun 22, 2023 at 10:15 PM
    Springermaniac

Springermaniac [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1990 4Runner
    Solved the problem some tinsnips cut the retention straps on the hose protector, there is just enough wiggle room to get the hoses on the tank and secure them. It’s a tough job but all is well put some gas in and she fired right up after 7 years of sitting.

Products Discussed in

To Top