1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eiback Stage 2R & 285 AT4W

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Patcell, Jul 14, 2024.

1. Jul 14, 2024 at 9:21 AM
    Patcell

Patcell [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bergen County, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road Premium
    Hello all, great community here at 4Runners.

I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I am trying to work out fitment for 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT4W's on stock TRD Offroad wheels after an Eibach Stage 2R kit install.

What I have done so far: Eibach Stg 2R, SPC UCA's, & Falken Wildpeak AT4W's. All installed at a shop locally to me. It is currently set to about 2.5" lift in front and 1" lift in rear (with the springs included in the kit). Alignment is perfect.

The tires are installed on the factory TRD Offroad wheels, which have a +15mm offset. The problem I am having is rubbing at full-lock in reverse predominantly with the wheel turned all the way left and reversing. Mud-flaps are removed, not hitting the fender liner, but I am told I have rub against the sway bar.

I have read that this can be corrected by moving wheels outward (meaning negative offset). I have also read that ideal may be 0mm offset..? I will buy wheels if necessary, but if this can be accomplished with wheel-spacers, I would rather go that route. I also realize that negative offset can cause rubbing against the fender-liner or bumper, but I have no problem having that trimmed back. Much easier than a sway bar rub...

I would appreciate any insight or suggestions anyone may have before I make any more moves. You are all appreciated in advance! Love the forum.

2. Jul 14, 2024 at 9:26 AM
    djdaves

djdaves New Member

Member:
    SEPA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4runner SR5
    lift, wheels, tires, stuff.....
    sure but you still need to do the BMC to allow proper lock to lock turning. I have the eibach lift and 285s. Also method wheels with 0 offset

3. Jul 14, 2024 at 9:26 AM
    djdaves

djdaves New Member

Member:
    SEPA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4runner SR5
    Also thank you for your service. EMS

Patcell[OP] likes this.
  4. Jul 14, 2024 at 9:36 AM
    Patcell

Patcell [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thank you!

I did not realize a body mount chop was necessary with 285’s. I will go that way if needed though. Do you think wheel spacers would be acceptable to achieve as close to 0mm offset as possible, or go with new wheels?

5. Jul 14, 2024 at 9:39 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    I have a feeling it's based on the setting shop chose with the SPC UCA.

When I had TRD Off-road wheels + KO2 285, SPC UCA, ELKA 3in front lift the tires didn't rub at mud flaps or (non kdss) sway bar. I had a sway bar relocation kit as well. I had already cut the front lower bumper and pushed the fender liner.

But after an accident to the right passenger the spc uca nut was pushed all the way in and tires were rubbing on the swaybar. I didn't get the vehicle back to test after its fully fixed.(I got a replacement). I did met the new owner but didn't had a chance to test it. She was devastated to realize how serious the accident was. She was told by dealership and carfax that it's a minor fender bender.

In short, adjusting the SPC UCA nut along with alignment might solve the problem. Since I didn't have Eibach lift and Falken WP AT4W I can't be 100%.

Patcell[OP] likes this.
  6. Jul 14, 2024 at 10:28 AM
    djdaves

djdaves New Member

Member:
    SEPA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4runner SR5
    I had spacers on before i got my wheels. when i got my 285s i took the spacers off cus it rubbed even worse.

7. Jul 14, 2024 at 1:22 PM
    Patcell

Patcell [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That’s interesting… the tech at the shop suggested I come back after the suspension settles a bit and he’d adjust and redo the alignment.

I appreciate the info!

8. Jul 14, 2024 at 1:23 PM
    Patcell

Patcell [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Wow! Was this on stock SR5 wheels?

9. Jul 14, 2024 at 1:41 PM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    It's crazy how these are so sensitive to tire size, and a relatively minor upgrade like 265 to 285 requires so much work.

As far as the wheel spacers, I believe those will increase your scrub radius and will make the rubbing worse.

My local shop offers BMCs on Toyotas for 400 bucks, that might be the way to go to just be over and done with it.

Patcell[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top