1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cor relay location 03 v8

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Muggsy71, May 4, 2024.

1. May 4, 2024 at 7:07 PM
    Muggsy71

Muggsy71 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2003 4runner
    Hello, new member and longtime 4runner owner. I have a 03 4runner that overheated, radiator popped a hole in it a few weeks after I replaced cap, don’t know if that was the cause but nevertheless the radiator blew, engine overheated and was evidently ruined, I was in a construction zone and couldn’t pull over and barely made it to an exit ramp just before it died. Let it cool, would not start. Had it towed home, 250 bucks. Tried to start a few more times, one time it ran really rough for about 3-4 seconds, would never start again. Unhooked battery, shorted out connectors. That’s about all I tried. Engine tirns really slow when cranking. Doesn’t seem to have coolant in oil although oil level seems lower than it should be. Anyway, bought another 4runner, a limited, old one was an SR5 with 438,000 miles on it, newer one has 221,000. I have a full tank of gas in SR5 and want to get it out for yard equipment. Read that you can drain tank with fuel pump but that access to COR relay is needed. I cannot locate this relay. I keep seeing that it is located behind passenger side kick panel….I checked, it’s not there. Has anyone drained a fuel tank on a 4th gen using the fuel pump? Thanks for any help!

Products Discussed in

To Top