1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Complete Coolant Hose Replacement (3.4L V6 5VZ-FE)

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Timmy the Toolman, Oct 15, 2024 at 9:02 AM.

1. Oct 15, 2024 at 9:02 AM
    Timmy the Toolman

Timmy the Toolman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    1985, 1998, and 2000 Toyota 4runners
    Too many mods to list.
    I will start this post by asking a general question that I hope one of the forum administrators reads. Am I allowed to share DIY videos on this forum? I know some people view this as self-promotion, but the videos I will be posting will be subject matter that will directly benefit the members. So, if it's not allowed, please give me a warning before issuing me a permanent ban from the forum. I'm here to help, and if my videos aren't welcome, I'll just help with text responses to member's threads.

Ok, so here's my post:

Hey Dudes,

Since your rig with the 3.4L V6 5VZ-FE Engine has been around for 20+ years, you've probably logged a whole bunch of miles on it. One maintenance item that quite a few people forget is all those heater hoses at the back of the engine, the coolant bypass hoses under the throttle body and the oil cooler hoses along the driver side of the engine block.

This video came about because my buddy Aaron blew a heater hose on a 4wheeling trip in the California Sierra Nevada Mountains. We were able to cut out a short section that burst and we're luckily able to get him off the trail and home.

So, if you have a ton of miles on your engine, which I think most do at this point, this is a maintenance job you probably want to consider so you're not left stranded somewhere.

I hope you Dudes like the video. Happy Wrenching!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vCRzbacvp6A?si=Nve8NHsBdKoiH9mK

Daddykool likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top