1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Comfort Plus Complete package - app not working?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by lynnaray, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Oct 7, 2023 at 11:17 AM
    lynnaray

lynnaray [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road
    Morning everyone,

Our new 4Runner has the Toyota Comfort Plus Complete package addon. For those that are unfamiliar, this is a trickle battery charger/blockheater/electric cabin warmer system that can be dealer installed - I think it might be only available in Canada. Here is the description: https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/connect/4354/toyota-heating-accessories

Basically it lets you warm the cabin using an electric heater attached to the trickle battery charger, and it works in tandem with the block heater. Basically you can schedule engine block and cabin heating times when the truck is plugged in to an outlet.

The system is operated through - yep you guessed it - another separate Toyota mobile app called Toyota Comfort+. There is no other way to operate this system - it has to be through their app. No manual override or control mechanism - strictly app only.

This is a great concept.... except apparently Samsung phones dont work with the app. I have tried a Samsung ZFlip 3, and a Samsung S22 - both of them get a 'Bad Gateway 502' error when you try to fire up the app.

Not sure if this others are experiencing it. The dealership doesnt have an answer and submitted the issue to Toyota. I can't find any resources or troubleshooting in the system manual or the owners manual.

Anyone else experiencing this? Here are some photos of the system and the error message I get when trying to open the app.

Cabin warmer and trickle charger installation.jpg
    Cabin warmer - interior.jpg
    Toyota COMFORT+ App Error.jpg

To Top