1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check engine code P2441

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by jlb3232, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Mar 30, 2021 at 5:57 AM
    jlb3232

jlb3232 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4.7L Silver 4Runner
    I’ve just done new brake lines and aftermarket radio
    Hey guys! I’m new on here because I’m a brand new 4Runner owner and had a question. The CEL went on and also threw the TC and VSC light along with it. After scanning it I got the P2441 code with the secondary air injection pump. I’ve done a ton of research and turns out it can be so many different things that are causing the code. Do I replace the pump or the valves myself? I also hear it can be a hole in the manifold or even the wiring and I’m not sure if I’ll get in over my head if I try and replace it myself. Just need some advice on what to fix myself to try and save some money or if I just take it to be figured out at Toyota or my mechanic.

2. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:26 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Welcome!

It could absolutely be a number of things you already listed, and you can have a mechanic test everything to verify or do it yourself. Or, check out this kit https://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=82 to bypass it. Many threads exist on how you can try to figure it out yourself, but there are just as many positive outcomes from just getting this. Hope you figure it out!

Products Discussed in

To Top