1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Carista

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Toya, May 28, 2024.

1. May 28, 2024 at 6:49 PM
    Toya

Toya [OP] FOERNNR

Member:
    First Name:
    King
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2015 4runner Trail Premium
    Lift kit, BFG 270/70/17 KO2, Lasfit 12in Amber lightbar, Raptor Lights (x4), Interior and exterior LED light upgrades, Carista options/features enabled, interior glow kit, center console organizer, black out badge kit, brand new (2024) brake booster, brakes, and windshield, upon purchase Upcoming upgrades: Window tint, shift power USA pedal kit, new pedals, roof rack, rooftop tent, Mollie racks, new head unit (T10 or 11)
    Hey 4Runner squad,
    I just ordered Carista, it seems to unlock some features that I really wanted in my 4Runner like windows roll down with long press of button, live stats, no seat belts ding etc. Just want to know if anyone here has had the unit and what their experiences are. I'm really excited to unlock more features with my 4Runner and wanted to see if people are liking this, know about it, or even want it.
    https://carista.com/en

2. May 28, 2024 at 8:07 PM
    Stoney Ranger

Stoney Ranger New Member

Member:
    Driftless Area
    Vehicle:
    '18 SR5 Nauti Blue
    4x Rockers/Skids-Dobi-275's-Fr/R Bpr-Winch-Stickers-ALF
    I installed Carista last autumn. I went on the cheap and made sure I knew what features I wanted to change before I ordered. IIRC you get a free, limited time subscription with your order, otherwise there is a subscription fee to remain connected to the app. Eff that. I ditched the seat belt chime, horn and blinkers when locking/unlocking with the fob. A few other things that I don't remember.

If you want the windows to automatically go up when you lock the doors using the fob, this is the harness to get. It won't work on the rear window. Doors only. I have it and I love it. I was sorely disappointed the Carista doesn't have the window up feature.
    https://cartrimhome.com/Car-Automat...XlG4r7y7yGJS1z8PFUL4ho3ejj9k5w51QlgTnFbwhJkTW

3. May 29, 2024 at 3:28 AM
    BS67

BS67 New Member

Member:
    CC Ne
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 Premium
    I used Carista just last week to change a few things on my '23 SR5. It did give me the option to open and close all windows with a long press on the fob. Works perfectly!

4. May 29, 2024 at 4:01 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 GX4(Runner)60
    I've used it to tweak about 10 settings. It's more useful on the older fifth gens that don't have the head unit that allows for customization of features, but it's still helpful for the newer 5ths.

I have turned off DRLs, eco light, seat belt buzzer, all lock beeps, set windows to roll down with fob, set rear wiper to maximum delay, changed volume of turn signal clicker, a few other things that I can't recall right now

I have never used it for live data.

I cancelled the subscription after I tweaked everything I wanted. If you want live data you will need to pay the monthly fee.

BS67, 5thToy and Stoney Ranger like this.
  5. May 29, 2024 at 9:55 AM
    5thToy

5thToy New Member

Member:
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5P
    This sounds like exactly the things I changed. For the most part I used it as a "STFU" tool. My 4Runner doesn't bother me with beeps, buzzers, clicks. Nice and quiet.

Set up first day and let the trial expire.

Products Discussed in

To Top