1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cali Raised LED 43" Dual Function Light Bar Install/Prinsu Roof Rack

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by DmackSCV3, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Apr 16, 2023 at 12:40 AM
    DmackSCV3

DmackSCV3 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota 4Runner 40th Anniversary Edition
    Rough Country 3" Lift N3 Struts/Shocks Mickey Thompson Baja Blast A/T 285/70r/17 SPC Adjustable UPCs Prinsu Full Length Roof Rack & Ladder Cali Raised 43" Prinsu Light Bar Kit w/ Dual Function Amber/White 4Runner Lifestyle Raptor Lights 4Runner Lifestyle LED Fang Lights (Amber) Cali Raised Step Edition Bolt-On Rock Sliders w/Kickout and Plate
    Installed a 43" Cali Raised LED Amber/White Dual Function Light Bar on a Prinsu roof rack and a vinyl wrap on the faring. Was very straight forward install luckily. The included hardware specifically for Prinsu racks worked perfectly. It did require minimal cutting of the fairing since the cut out on the 4Runner Rack advertised as 40". All videos online are terrible for helping get the light bar wired to any sort of under hood accessory switch panel. I have an Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel. Going to do my best to describe the install and wiring for everyone.

Cutting the Fairing:
    The Prinsu fairing on the 4runner is much shorter than the Tacoma version. The Cali Raised LED Youtube video tells you to cut 1" from each side and then cut a notch for the mounting screw. No need to notch anything on the 4runner fairing. I cut just under 1/2" of each side and it slid under the light bar perfectly. I then shot it with Rustoleum to seal the aluminum from the cuts and after it dried wrapped it with the vinyl. https://youtu.be/iYduszQCc1M
    upload_2023-4-15_21-13-37.jpg

Installing the Light Bar:
    Use the included 2 low profile mounts, 2 Allen screws, 2 T-bar slider bolts, and 2 washer. Time mark 13:10. https://youtu.be/YcrFHoJ1w6s Very easy. Pushed the wire right into the windshield channel and it fits great.
    upload_2023-4-15_21-23-41.jpg

upload_2023-4-15_21-23-50.jpg

What we all need but no one has... The WIRING:

The light bar comes with a Red, White, and Black wire.

Red=Amber LED
    White=White LED
    Black=Ground.

If you get the wire harness that it comes with, the wire colors do not match. Cut off the relays and retain the cable with the Green, White, and black wire. If you dont have the wire harness then you can just run more 16 gauge cable straight to the accessory box.

Green=Amber LED
    White & Black are the same as above.
    I used a T-Tap to run a second ground for connecting the Amber LED's on a separate switch.
    Also, I highly recommend using Ferrule connectors to wire into the panel fuses. So much cleaner! I wired the each LED function of the lightbar into the 30amp fuses. (I am not an electrician at all, this was suggested online)
    upload_2023-4-15_21-32-2.jpg
    upload_2023-4-15_21-32-39.jpgupload_2023-4-15_21-33-13.jpg

Overall Im very happy with the end product! Light bar looks great and works very well with the Auxbeam.
    upload_2023-4-15_21-36-5.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg

Gharddog03 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top