1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a 2020 SR5 Premium, need advice

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by nutontheloose, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Aug 15, 2020 at 7:45 AM
    nutontheloose

nutontheloose [OP] New Member

Member:
    I an not new to Toyotas, currently have 2001 Sequoia with 308K+ miles and decided to trade it in and looking at getting a 2020 SR5 Premium in blue and blacking it out. Before the Sequoia I had a 2000 4runner also with crap load of miles lol. I do live in the country but mostly driving normal stuff, may do snow etc but not normally anymore.

Still trying to decide what I def need to add on at dealer or after I buy ..mostly for protection and keeping it nice. Then can work on upgrades etc,, but willing to hear advice on that too lol
    I am getting moonroof and running boards (gonna buy wethertech floor and cargo liners), thinking of upgrading to the High Performance LED Fog Lights too.

Was looking at dealer maybe adding Door Edge Guards , then started reading about the paint protection film and thought that is a good idea.
    Do you do door edge guards and the film and then was reading about better to do EXPEL paint protection film. So trying to figure out what is the best way to go?

Also was looking at getting a hood wind deflector to help with bugs and rock (i'm the person who literally got a chip in my windshield a day after having a new windshield installed..lol) Any thought or suggestions on this?

I have a service dog and was thinking of some kind of seat protection for 2nd row with him. He can kinda be a but and want to go stand in his pool or a stream before we have to leave lol. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help

2. Aug 15, 2020 at 8:40 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    Custom scratches
    Dog seat protection = Amazon. Lots of good ones there.
    Weathertech = good choice.
    Door Edge guards = Mine came with them already and I don't hate them, so sure.
    Hood bug deflector = i prefer a clear 3M strip, super minimal.
    Paint protection = mostly a scam. Read the paperwork carefully. You have to usually maintain a specific wax, report issues within X days, and if they determine the damage is more than X days old (not even sure how they do that), then they won't cover it. It's mostly useless if you decide to really offroad your vehicle too.

3. Aug 15, 2020 at 9:02 AM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    Nothing is worth it at the dealer. It’ll be cheaper aftermarket.

canadian.bacon and Jynarik like this.
  4. Aug 15, 2020 at 11:01 AM
    cmtaz

cmtaz New Member

Member:
    +1 Clear bra front end (approx $875)

5. Aug 15, 2020 at 8:04 PM
    STOCKTRD

STOCKTRD New Member

Member:
    If you are thinking about seat protection you might wan to look into Wet Okole covers.

6. Aug 16, 2020 at 4:27 PM
    Oldtoyotaguy

Oldtoyotaguy Paid cash for it

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota 4 Runner Offroad
    We have an old border collie, and decided it would be best for her to be in the back cargo area. She can get pretty muddy just being a dog. I put a Carhartt canvas cargo mat back there for her, because it’s more grippy than the fitted trays like weather tech. We let her ride in the back seat initially, with a pet seat cover, but it was hard to clean that area and when we needed it for people, it was sometimes looking pretty rough. Besides, she loves that roll down back window!

7. Aug 16, 2020 at 4:31 PM
    Jynarik

Jynarik I like boobies

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Mine came with dealer paint protections. Shit doesn’t do anything for where they install it. I’d skip it and go somewhere that will do a full hood, full bumper film

8. Aug 16, 2020 at 5:22 PM
    mrmike7189

mrmike7189 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2020 silver SR5 4x4
    The door edge guards from factory are painted to match your color, so you barely notice them,and they seem to work well. I like them
    The film protection everyone says is a rip off. You cant go wrong with carhartt seat covers, they are nice.
    The Toyota 4 runner rubber mats are nice and they are cheaper than weathertechs. (if you buy them on ebay like I did)...Husky brand floor liners are good too.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Aug 16, 2020 at 9:55 PM
    nutontheloose

nutontheloose [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks everybody for your tips and suggestions!

Products Discussed in

To Top