1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BSM

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Banjovol, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Dec 1, 2020 at 7:57 PM
    Banjovol

Banjovol [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Red 21 venture
    Any y’all ever put an aftermarket BSM on your 4runner? Had one on my Tacoma and have to say I miss it, but I can’t find an affordable option.

2. Dec 2, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    JustATallDude

JustATallDude New Member+

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    Gibson Single Exit Exhaust - Magnuson Supercharger - Sprint Booster - GTR Ultra2 Highs - Evil Headlights w/ Morimoto LED - Anzo Black Smoked Tail Lights - LED Interior Lights - A-Pillar Phone Mount Mod - CTH Side Mirrors - Eibach TRD Pro-Lift Springs - Falken Wildpeak A/T3s 285/70/17 - FSW F246 17x8.5 - Lasfit LED Turn Signals - DDI Seat Jackers - Apex Overland Front Recovery Points - Big Red's Turn Signal Mod and AMD Mod - R4T Blackout Turn Signals - BlackVue DR590 Dashcam and more to come...
    What I did was get the Car Trim Home side mirrors with the turn signal. They have a crazy wide view and can see the car next to you til they are just about to the front door of the 4r

3. Dec 2, 2020 at 8:19 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion Resident A**h***

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Island in the Middle of the Ocean
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    That shit is useless if you ask me.

People start to rely on that and not their mirrors. We already hand out licenses to guys that should not have one.

Matze, SlvrSlug and Thatbassguy like this.
  4. Dec 2, 2020 at 12:15 PM
    Banjovol

Banjovol [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Red 21 venture
    That’s just ignorance. Should I get rid of my blinkers, headlights, back up camera, and lane departure alert too? Maybe the smoke detector in my house while I’m at it.

Here’s the info, gathered from “police collision data in 25 states over 6 years”:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...nitors-could-prevent-50000-crashes-each-year/

Pavo likes this.
  5. Dec 2, 2020 at 12:26 PM
    Dillusion

Dillusion Resident A**h***

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Island in the Middle of the Ocean
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Ignorance? I've personally spoke to couple dumb shits that said ever since they got a vehicle with BSM they DON"T use their mirror. I don't even want to know how much more there is out there like these guys.

I glanced over the article and they just numbers based on if the vehicle had BSM or not. I doubt they can get any information if people are solely relying on it or not. Maybe IHS should do a investigation on how much accidents they cause by improper use.

Point is these items using it in the correct way can be beneficial. Guess I'll rephrase and they are only worth it if used in the correct manner. Not completely pointless to some.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top