1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Avoid downtown Toyota Toronto

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by DMG1985, Jun 26, 2024.

1. Jun 26, 2024 at 2:42 PM
    DMG1985

DMG1985 [OP] Not all who wander are lost. But I am.

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Toronto , Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2024 4runner Terra
    Trunk liner, instant .0hp gain Blind spot mirrors, see way more stupid now. Rear storage/ sleeping platform for long drives in the GTA
    I'll try and keep this short and to the point:
    Booked and appointment for my first service on 2024 TRD pro and told them I'd wait for the vehicle, took them 6 hours to get the keys back in my hand, they forgot about the car and made 3 or 4 excuses.
    Lied about looking into a sound issue and told me they fixed it, couldn't tell me what they did, but issue is still there.
    Scratched and chipped my front fender. Found on dashcam video a tech treating hood like it like an armrest but hood must have been up when damage was done on the side.
    Manager refuses to respond to the issue.
    Still have notifications on my Toyota app that service is required so called another dealership as I don't want any issues with my warranty, they said the downtown Toyota didn't do a thing, nothing on file whatsoever for my vehicle as far as service goes, just the audio note.
    Now i have to bring it in to that location for a second first service. At least I got the service plan.
    Please beware. I for one will never go back.

Screenshot_20240626-174150.png

Yotaholic likes this.
  2. Jun 26, 2024 at 2:51 PM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    Contact Toyota corporate and let them know.

LCJ77, Nick B, 5six and 2 others like this.
  3. Jun 26, 2024 at 3:16 PM
    garoto

garoto New Member

Member:
    Horrible. But sounds like classic dealership demeanor.

4. Jun 26, 2024 at 3:25 PM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    5G 4Runner, 3G Tacoma on 35"s
    Rule of thumb when dealing with a shop: ask them to address only one issue or job per shop visit. If you ask for more than one, chances are they'll forget something.

5. Jun 26, 2024 at 3:36 PM
    DMG1985

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Toronto , Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2024 4runner Terra
    Trunk liner, instant .0hp gain Blind spot mirrors, see way more stupid now. Rear storage/ sleeping platform for long drives in the GTA
    I've emailed them already, maybe 2 weeks ago now. I just emailed them again though.

6. Jun 26, 2024 at 3:38 PM
    DMG1985

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Toronto , Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2024 4runner Terra
    Yeah I think that's the way things are nowadays, you need to hold everyone's hand in order to ensure things are done, and might as well do it yourself if you want it done properly.

LCJ77, Fisch and 5six like this.
  7. Jun 26, 2024 at 3:48 PM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    ^Yes for the sound system issue you basically need to show the mechanic yourself. Even then the mechanic may lack diagnostics capability and just play swaptronics by replacing the head unit and/or the amp. And that's a full mechanic at the dealer. A lube tech doing oil changes has even less expertise.

8. Jun 26, 2024 at 8:03 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    Try not to blow a head gasket!

9. Jul 9, 2024 at 5:54 PM
    5six

5six New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    Ceramic tint (all glass), Toyo AT3s 285/70 C load, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, Ironman UCA, Cartrimhome TRD skid plate, RCI skids (rear diff, transmission, filler plate, catalytic anti theft), SwitchPro 9100 & MT Plate, Caliraised ditch lights & brackets, Caliraised molle panels, Sherpa roof rack, Westcott ladder, Weathertech window visors, Meso & LED interior bulbs, black badging, Weathertech mats, Husky cargo liner, Canvasback rear seat backing, Smittybilt 2781, Morrflate Quad, ARB Diff Breather, Ultimate9, TRD Pro rims, GTR Carbide headlights, DIY Knight Rider light strip.
    I wouldn’t let it go. See if they have an IG account and ask questions tagging them. Also go to Google Reviews, that can be effective. Just be sure to stick to the facts, and ensure you have the receipts ready to provide. And as someone else said, definitely follow up with Toyota Canada. If you don’t press the issue, the behavior will continue. Definitely “blow a head gasket”! I’ve found a good dealership, unfortunately nowhere near me (Burlington and I’m in Brampton).

LCJ77 likes this.
  10. Jul 10, 2024 at 12:49 PM
    DMG1985

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Toronto , Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2024 4runner Terra
    Yeah I'm going to be going to a dealership in Mississauga from here on out, I'll be taking my girlfriend's car there now too. They've lost the business of two people.

11. Jul 10, 2024 at 12:54 PM
    steelevo

steelevo Not so new anymore...

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro Solar Octane
    This is the issue that I have with every Toyota dealer. They treat all clients as if they're driving a Yaris. Imagine how the Landcruiser people feel. Now if you buy a Lexus, the experience is so different at their service department that you wonder why you even own a Toyota. Oil changes at Toyota take 1-3 hours vs Lexus 30-45 minutes.

5six likes this.
  12. Jul 10, 2024 at 1:21 PM
    Nick B

Nick B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TE, 2024 ORP
    100% fact about Lexus dealerships. Totally different experience. I know because we have a GX460 and a 4Runner .
    When you drive into the Lexus dealership they treat you like royalty. I’ve been to two different Lexus dealers and the treatment and service was the same .

13. Jul 10, 2024 at 1:22 PM
    steelevo

steelevo Not so new anymore...

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro Solar Octane
    And some Toyota's are rivaling the price of Lexus vehicles.

5six likes this.
  14. Jul 10, 2024 at 5:12 PM
    legend1011

legend1011 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 White 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium (No KDSS)
    I am committed to doing my own car maintenance and will avoid the dealership unless it's a warranty issue worth using them for.

LCJ77 likes this.
  15. Jul 11, 2024 at 4:53 AM
    5six

5six New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    Ceramic tint (all glass), Toyo AT3s 285/70 C load, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, Ironman UCA, Cartrimhome TRD skid plate, RCI skids (rear diff, transmission, filler plate, catalytic anti theft), SwitchPro 9100 & MT Plate, Caliraised ditch lights & brackets, Caliraised molle panels, Sherpa roof rack, Westcott ladder, Weathertech window visors, Meso & LED interior bulbs, black badging, Weathertech mats, Husky cargo liner, Canvasback rear seat backing, Smittybilt 2781, Morrflate Quad, ARB Diff Breather, Ultimate9, TRD Pro rims, GTR Carbide headlights, DIY Knight Rider light strip.
    I started doing all my oil changes and some other basic services on the 4Runner myself. Mainly because the local dealer f’d me. I had a V6 Venza, and took it in for service, only to have them call me and say I needed a new oil pan for $450. I asked why, and they said where you took your vehicle to get your last oil change they stripped the drain plug. I asked “what do you mean whoever I took it to, I’ve only been going to you guys for the last 3 yrs”. They said they’d call me back. Then the service manager calls me back and said “this is an item that wears out over time”. Unfortunately I couldn’t mess around arguing about it when I went in, as my 4Runner came in a week later (another dealership that actually had one without going over MSRP) and this was a trade in.

And I agree with the Lexus dealership experience, as my wife has a 2023 IS300 AWD F2. But we are paying for that experience.

16. Jul 11, 2024 at 6:33 AM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    The dealer I bought my 2nd gen Tacoma from has a dedicated ExpressLube bay. Multiple lube techs worked on the vehicle at the same time like a mini assembly line. Oil changes took no more than 45 minutes. In one instance it took only 20 minutes. Still a half-hour drive to get there and half-hour drive back.

17. Jul 11, 2024 at 10:25 AM
    Noodles

Noodles New Member

Member:
    Wow that’s a real punishment. :yes:
    Why didn’t you stand up after an hour or two and asked for your keys? Why didn’t you go back after you found the damage instead of emailing? Let me guess: you are more comfortable typing than facing the issues like a man.

18. Jul 11, 2024 at 10:34 AM
    1SilverRunner

1SilverRunner My boy, blue

Member:
    Tejas
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Off Road Premium
    Front Bumper: C4 Fabrication Low-Profile Bumper Warn Evo10-S Winch w/ Warn wireless adapter Extreme LED dual color light bar w/ Cali raised LED OEM style switch Bumper Cover Trimmed For Clearance Rear Bumper: 80% Off Road Rear Bash Bar Armor: RCI Skid plate package C4 Gas tank skid RCI Rear diff skid RCI Shock Skids RSG Angled/ Plated Sliders Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets Total Chaos Spindle Gussets 41.22 Hitch Slider Suspension: Dobinsons IMS long travel kit (Front: IMS59-50574 w/ C59-352 Springs) (Rear: IMS59-50575 w/ C59-675v Springs) Apache Off Road UCAs Apache Off Road HD Rear Links (Upper and Lower) Apache Off Road Rear Sway Bar Links Dobinsons Track Bar Front Sway Bar Delete DuroBumps Rear Bump stops PerryParts Front Bump stops DRKDSS Track Bar Correction kit Dobinsons Diff Drop Wheels/ Tires: RRW 17x8.5 -12 RR6-H Wheels 285/75/17 Falken A/T4W 1.25" SpiderTrax Spacers BMC, Pinch Weld Folded. Custom High Clearance Fender Liners *Coming soon Performance: OTT Tuned Scan Gauge II for Temp Monitoring Yota Shop Diff Breather Storage Solutions: LFD Cross-Bars Aiden James Customs Gear Plate w/ Slide Out Tables *Backordered, coming soon Rado Designs Molle storage panels and top shelf Glove Box organizer Center Console organizer Interior: Diode Dynamics LED Interior lighting (Warm white ftw) Meso Customs Hatch lights Meso Customs Door Handle Covers Ram ball mount for Garmin In-Touch Mini II FitCamX Dash Camera Scosche phone mount Weathertech floor matts Misc: Nano Ceramic Tint (Including windshield and sunroof) Midland MXT575 and Ghost Antenna Cali Raised LED 27W Ditch Lights OVS Nomadic 6.5' Awning AVS Low Profile Vent Visor AVS Bugflector II Diode Dynamic puddle lights LasFit Reverse lights LED license plate lights Ark Splash Guards Ark Mud Flap Deletes AJT Push-To-Start Button +Midland handheld GMRS radios, Baofeng UV-5R Ham radio, recovery gear, water purification system, lifeboat food rations, trauma kit, fire extinguisher and fire starting kit stay on board.
    Ironic thing to type out...

IVRunner and steelevo like this.
  19. Jul 14, 2024 at 1:53 PM
    DMG1985

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Toronto , Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2024 4runner Terra
    Quite ironic. I emailed because I used to own a jeep, I fully understand that dealerships say whatever they want in person or over the phone then go about however pleases them most.

Products Discussed in

To Top