1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Applying Woolwax to a 14 year old 4Runner

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by BullDogDan, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Mar 24, 2021 at 3:03 PM
    BullDogDan

BullDogDan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Limited V8
    My recent purchase of an ‘07 V8 4RNR with 172k miles is intended to be my “retirement project vehicle” ...something for me to tinker around with. The body and interior are excellent as is the drivetrain. My only concern is the undercarriage. I am not seeing any rust through on the frame rails, mostly surface rust at the welds. The skid plate is shot and will be removed. The cross members are pretty flaky but none seem compromised. Has anyone had Woolwax applied this late in the game and did it arrest the progression of the rust on your 4RNR (or other vehicle). My local Woolwax installer says it will help tremendously...but then again he is selling his services and the product.

2. Mar 24, 2021 at 10:51 PM
    CDN Cowboy

CDN Cowboy 2km on the car lot, Oct 2020

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    100 Mile House, BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road
    Just a bit of road grime so far.
    Double check any questionable areas with a body hammer (pick hammer) if it is indeed solid spray it with woolwax making sure to do inside the frame, doors, rockers etc and the woolwax will make a huge difference.. it won’t do much if the steel is already rotten and you should reapply annually or better yet semi-annually to get the best results.

Products Discussed in

To Top