1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anytime Cameras? Are they all the same manufacturer? Looking to do the mod on a 2024

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by legend1011, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Jul 6, 2024 at 8:35 AM
    legend1011

legend1011 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 White 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium (No KDSS)
    I'm looking to do the Anytime Camera mod on our 2024 TRD Offroad Premium. We do not have the birds eye view 360 view and I find myself paranoid that I'm going to hit something anytime I need to park it (I'm used to a very small Honda Civic).

I find that there are several places to buy this kit (Cali Raised, anytimebackupcamera.com, 4Runner Lifestyle, TrailGridPro, Amazon, etc...)

Are they the exact same kit? I did see a pic on Cali Raised where it looks like the Front Camera protrudes out and I've seen other pics where they are slimmer more dome like cameras. My preference is the one that doesn't protrude out.

It's hard for me to tell if I'm buying the same quality product from each of the sites. Since this isn't OEM, I want to buy a good grade product.

I'm also going to buy the "ScreenProTech" screen protector as I have heard it makes the resolution appear much better. I'm also going to upgrade my reverse camera lights to bright cool white LEDs which should help with the rear camera while in reverse.

Also, I want to add... I'm not too thrilled about drilling into the fresh white paint on the bumper to get this installed, but I imagine there won't be any long-term effects by doing this and I'll get a lot of value out of the camera... This is the first new car I've ever had and that task sounds a little daunting.:)

I appreciate any info on this. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
  2. Jul 6, 2024 at 8:47 AM
    wingo

wingo *****

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Venture
    I got mine from Trail Grid Pro (https://trailgridpro.com/products/4runner-anytime-2020?rq=yr_2020~mk_4runner~md_venture). It comes with everything you need and instruction video. No problems yet.

tk421 likes this.
  3. Jul 6, 2024 at 8:48 AM
    Borracho Loco

Borracho Loco My 4Runner identifies as a Prius!

Member:
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    Vehicle:
    2023 40th Anniversary Special Edition
    Oooh look, another mod.....
    If you want the birds eye view AKA 360 view, then you'll need to have cameras in your outside mirrors. That's how you get that view. Installing the Anytime camera won't give you that. It only gives you the ability to keep the front/rear camera on when you drive above 5mph. You'll also get a better quality camera too; but don't expect it to be 4k quality.

I've only found one manufacturer for them, Nakita.

I have the LED light kit on my truck, both interior and exterior. Swapping out the license plate light to LED does help you see A LOT better when reversing.

4. Jul 6, 2024 at 10:04 AM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    While I agree that cameras do add some value for situational awareness, I don't think they were intended to make up for lack of driving skill. If you're so paranoid about parking your 4Runner, and you don't have a good feel for where your front bumper corners are, you need to figure that out. Grab some traffic cones, find an empty parking lot and practice parking. The cones will do no damage to your bumpers, and your parking skills will improve. The rest of us will thank you as well for not bashing into our cars.

5. Jul 9, 2024 at 2:06 PM
    legend1011

Member:
    Vehicle:
    To follow-up on this thread, I decided to give this a go and bought this from Cali-Raised for the 10% 4th of July Sale. Look forward to getting everything installed.

6. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:34 PM
    TrueTexas

TrueTexas New Member

Member:
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Grey 4Runner TRD ORP
    Which camera came with the CaliRaised kit? Is it the Natika camera or the one whose lens protruded from the camera body? Their site has pictures of both.

7. Jul 17, 2024 at 9:12 PM
    legend1011

Member:
    Vehicle:
    wife and I are out on vacation until Monday. Our package arrived and my sister in law has it. I will take a look once I get back. I believe it should be the premium Natika camera which is smaller profile (preferred). If not, returning may be my option

8. Jul 17, 2024 at 9:25 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
    Buy directly from them.

9. Jul 18, 2024 at 11:07 AM
    legend1011

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I did buy directly from caliraised, but did see an anytime camera website

10. Jul 18, 2024 at 11:12 AM
    TrueTexas

TrueTexas New Member

Member:
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Grey 4Runner TRD ORP
    I chatted with CaliRaisedLED. They said it is now the premium camera (Natika - I assume). The other one with the lens sticking out was what they shipped for a short period of time when they had supply chain issues.

11. Jul 18, 2024 at 11:13 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
    Chinaraised offers that brand but some copy and sell as their own like CTH. Cr lists it as a partner product so they are acknowledging it isn't their own design. But this is what comes up with searching:

Screenshot 2024-07-18 111208.jpg

12. Jul 18, 2024 at 2:40 PM
    BobbyB

BobbyB Where the road ends, Fun begins!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Off Road
    SSO Slimline Bumper Warn Evo 10s winch Bilstein 5100 shocks Dobinson Springs (front and rear) JBA Upper Control Arms Baja Designs Squadron Pro Combo lights Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights RCI skids (engine, trans, Txfr and gas tank) CaliRaised sliders UpTop Overland Bravo Rack Auxbeam 6 switch panel Frac Harness with front camera Custom rear diff breather on firewall
    I installed the FRAC Harness (anytime camera harness) a couple of years ago and it has been trouble free. Installation was essentially plug and play into the OEM harness on my 2021 TRD OR.

check it out at: https://www.fracharness.com/

Cheers,
    Bob

Products Discussed in

To Top