1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I cooked?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Cis915, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Aug 30, 2024 at 10:46 AM
    Cis915

Cis915 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '18 Nautical Blue TRDOR
    Eibach Pro Lift; 255/80 Open Country R/T Trails; Motegi Trailite; LFD 7/8; BMC/Pinch Welds; All-Pro Sliders; Custom Drawers; T10 v3; DD SS18 Light Bar; Baja Squadron Pro Ditch Lights; Auxbeam Switch; Alpharex Headlights; Spyder Taillights
    I was checking over everything on the truck today while waiting for the oil to drain and I noticed this on my front shocks. The passenger side has some oil residue on the actual rod but BOTH sides are a little damp on top of the actual body, although the passenger side is definitely a little gunky too. Also, I can easily spin the "cap" on the top of the shock body with my fingertip and I can even lift it up a little bit. I feel like this shouldn't be happening, can someone confirm this?

System is Eibach Pro Truck Kit (Stage 1) and was installed about 4 years and 45k miles ago. I know I'm coming up on that time to replace the shocks anyway, but now I'm thinking I should do it sooner rather than later...

Please excuse the dirt, haven't washed it from last weekend's trail run. Pics attached. I have a video but it won't let me link it here.

PXL_20240830_143303744.jpg
    PXL_20240830_143346929.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Aug 30, 2024 at 3:25 PM
    ChessGuy

ChessGuy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LR
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro / 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Too many..... Performance: • Magnusum Supercharger • Gibson exhaust with dual black tip • Pedal Commander * PowerBrakes • Suspension – Old Man Emu BP-51 front and back with Medium load coils • Tires: AT3 Faulken Wildpeak – 285/70/17 • Wheels: Relations Race Wheels, RR7-H with -12 offset • Full roof rack and ladder by Westcott Design (removed the stock Yakima basket) • Molle storage panels by Rago fabrication • Front light brackets by Rago • Illuminator light bracket by Rago (roof rack location) Lights • Morimoto front and back with sequential signals • Morimoto fog lights and side mirrors with sequential signals • 40” Baja design light bar for roof rack • 20” S8 Baja design driving combo (winch location) • Squadron sport baja design ditch lights • S2 Chase lights by baja designs (mounted on roof) In the bay: • Odyssey 34-PC Battery • SDQH Aluminum billet battery terminals and bracket • Switch Pro 9100 with aluminum tray • Anytime front and back camera • ARB twin compressor Recovery & Protection: • Smittybilt X20 synthetic rope winch • Factor 55 fairlead and flatlink • Southern Style Off-road (SSO) low profile bumper • SSO stage 2 high clearance wings • Weekend warrior recovery kit by treaty oak • RCI – skid plates – entire vehicle + catalytic converter protection wings Interior: • Nano Ceramic IR – Avery Dennison Window tint – all windows • Several phone mounts • Upgraded Rear Hatch lift gate struts (ladder is heavy) • Boom blaster horn switch (featuring La cucaracha)
    It is not that bad. I have seen worse than this all the way to 100K. But this is a great excuse to upgrade to something better. Suspension upgrades are always fun ---:spending:

Cis915[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 3, 2024 at 2:08 PM
    Cis915

Cis915 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '18 Nautical Blue TRDOR
    Eibach Pro Lift; 255/80 Open Country R/T Trails; Motegi Trailite; LFD 7/8; BMC/Pinch Welds; All-Pro Sliders; Custom Drawers; T10 v3; DD SS18 Light Bar; Baja Squadron Pro Ditch Lights; Auxbeam Switch; Alpharex Headlights; Spyder Taillights
    Good to know. Agreed! I've been eyeing Dobinsons MRR for a long time, but haven't had a real reason to pull the trigger yet

4. Sep 3, 2024 at 3:31 PM
    BgBmBoo

BgBmBoo New Member

Member:
    Kansas
    My Eibach shocks looked the same with 15k miles on them. Very disappointed to say the least. Definitely going with something different when I replace them.

If you are happy with the ride I’d say run them until you notice a decrease in performance, then upgrade!

5. Sep 10, 2024 at 9:44 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 GX4(Runner)60
    Same same with Eibachs Stage 1 / Pro Truck here, I replaced the rear set on my 4Runner last year and the driver's side was blown with oil on everything. Passenger side was still ok. Front Bilsteins also good. 40,000 miles on all of them. I wasn't exactly mad but I was hoping for more life.

6. Sep 10, 2024 at 9:55 AM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Those Eibachs have a million mile warranty. Send Eibach a picture and see what they say......unless you just want to move onto something else.

Mine have been good for over 100k now.

Products Discussed in

To Top