1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alexa options for 2021 Venture

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by DaDoRunRun, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Nov 30, 2020 at 2:40 PM
    DaDoRunRun

DaDoRunRun [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Picked up my Venture a few weeks ago and love it. Have gotten used to all of the bells and whistles and was underwhelmed by the "Infotainment Options" Basically Toyota+Alexa. That worked ok-ish until this latest system update and now it doesn't connect at all. I had a few old 2nd gen Echo Dots around the house and realized they fit pretty well in the cup holder. I activated my hotspot in my vehicle through AT&T and was going to just connect the dot to that for internet and then route the audio through the vehicle bluetooth. Got the internet working, but apparently the dot can't connect to the vehicle bluetooth - fails every time I try and pair it.

So, question is - is there another option I'm not thinking of (would rather not have to use my phone as the intermediary since I have hotspot access in the vehicle)? Could I add an aux line in using this (https://naviks.com/i-24077033-2020-...dio-input-interface.html?ref=category:1207163) and not use bluetooth?

2. Nov 30, 2020 at 8:55 PM
    newlife

newlife Not all who wander are ...... squirrel

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Alexa app? Mine still works fine but I don’t care for toyota plus Alexa in both mine and my wife’s trucks.

I was on the beta test group for Alexa auto and just thought this is way too gimmicky for what Siri already does really well.

3. Dec 1, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    DaDoRunRun

DaDoRunRun [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    I think I tried reinstalling and it didn't help. Wasn't thrilled with out it "worked" to begin with so I didn't spend much time on it. I did go ahead and order one of the alexa autos since it was on sale. Got it last night and tried it this morning. Not bad. I was able to set up a shortcut on my phone so when my phone connects to my 4runner's bluetooth, it launches the alexa app. Might work ok in that sense.

I am curious though if it is possible to add an aux in port to the 4runner. With the stock radio, I wasn't sure if the naviks product above would work (even though it says it is for a 2021 model).

Products Discussed in

To Top