1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Actually defeating traction control

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Winkle, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Jun 1, 2021 at 10:41 AM
    Winkle

Winkle [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner SR5
    Same stuff everyone has, tube bumper in the front, cheap 10k winch and rock sliders, lock right in the rear (which is obnoxious and sucks with automatics)
    I have a 05 4.0l and am trying to figure out how to actually defeat the traction control. The previous owner installed a lock-rite in the rear and it causes the VSC to kick in constantly. Unplugging the sensor on the master cylinder turns off the abs and the vsc HOWEVER there is still some other nannies going on in the computer. If I get in the snow and go to cut some donuts then it will de-fuel so I assume there is some speed sensor monitoring going on. I just downgraded from a 3.4l swapped, solid axle 90 4 runner to this thing with the intention of doing longer overland type trips but the inability to spin my tires without a computer taking away my ability to modulate my own throttle is not ok. Does anyone know what this second layer monitoring is or ever more so how to defeat it? I have done a fair amount of research without any clear answers. Thanks for any input.

2. Jun 1, 2021 at 12:12 PM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
  3. Jun 1, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    Are the 4th gens not able to shut off trac and VSC? On the 5th gen you need to hold it down about 5 seconds while stopped and it shuts everything off. Kinda sucks if you need to tap into wiring harnesses.

Products Discussed in

To Top