1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4runner ABS coming on constantly

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by jk074R, May 7, 2024.

1. May 7, 2024 at 5:13 PM
    jk074R

jk074R [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 2007 V6 4runner and about 10-15 mins into the ride each time whenever applying the brakes the ABS comes on and practically brings the car to a sudden stop.

I’ve already replaced the whole ABS unit once 5 years ago after the master cylinder started leaking and we just got done replacing the ball joints (a pain), CV axles, tie rods, and sway bar links. have fixed the rear axle seal as well in the past.

This problem didn’t start until after we got all of that work done on the suspension and only happens when the brakes have been applied over the span of around ~10-20 mins. Also the pressure you have to apply constantly differs and varies from having to go to the floor vs it being like a brick.

anyone else have this issue?

2. May 8, 2024 at 7:48 AM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    if it wasn’t doing this before the suspension work, I would make sure to double check all the ABS sensors. One would think that you would get a code with a bad sensor but maybe there’s an issue with the sensor installation. Maybe something that interferes with them getting a good read on wheel speed. Maybe something related to installation or contamination.

jk074R[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top