1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4G 4Runner Calibrations by: Overland Tailor Tuning

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by JustDSM, May 31, 2024.

1. May 31, 2024 at 2:45 PM
    JustDSM

JustDSM [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford Raptor
    We know we're a tad late to the party, but better late than never, right? We're excited to officially bring Overland Tailor Tuning (OTT) to the 4G 4Runner community!

For those who might not know what we're all about, you can find more information about us on the web at overlandtailor.com (with a new website on the way!) or follow along our main forum post on TacomaWorld: Overland Torque Tune (OTT) by Overland Tailor or check out what we've been up to with the 5G family.

We've been at the forefront of tuning the 1GR-FE platforms by working directly with industry partners like HPTuners, VFTuner, and others to breathe some excitement into the Toyota platforms we service. Toyota tuning for OTT began working with Toyota's legendary 1GR engine, tuning everything from stroker kits to custom turbochargers. Our journey has been quite a ride, collaborating with a diverse range of clientele and fine-tuning just about every combination imaginable for this engine.

And now... We're thrilled to announce that we're extending our services to cover ALL 4th Gen 4Runners from 2003-2009, both 4.0L and 4.7L variants!

What does this mean for you? Well, we're offering comprehensive engine calibration and transmission calibration services tailored specifically for your 4th Gen 4Runner. Whether you're looking to unleash some extra power, optimize fuel efficiency, or simply fine-tune your driving experience, we've got you covered.

You may be interested in some of our technical developments and product testing on the 1GR-FE platform as virtually every bit of that will directly correlate to the 4G platform. One of our passions is providing the community with our findings. OTT is committed to staying at the forefront of development with our supported platforms. This thread on TacomaWorld is just a sample of what we do: 1GR-FE Single VVTi Dyno Testing by OTT.

Overland Tailor has an international network of retailers across North America that can service your vehicle's needs. Please visit our retailer's map and find your nearest OTT dealer here!

So, if you're curious about unlocking the full potential of your venerable 4Runner, look no further than Overland Tailor Tuning. We're here to inject some extra love and attention into your beloved ride.

Stay tuned for more updates, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or inquiries. Be sure to reach out to us directly by posting here or emailing us at info@overlandtailor.com.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
    gkomo and BortisYeltzen like this.
  2. Jun 1, 2024 at 7:27 AM
    gkomo

gkomo New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma AC 4x4
    Very cool! Rough ballpark on pricing for non-vvti v8 tunes?

JustDSM[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 1, 2024 at 8:09 AM
    Airdam

Airdam New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    airdam
    Vehicle:
    2008 Urban Runner 2012 Limited 2023 TRD Sport
    sent you an email

4. Jun 1, 2024 at 11:49 AM
    JustDSM

JustDSM [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford Raptor
    Great question and one that's not as straightforward as I wish it could be. The short answer is you should expect to pay between $400-450 depending on location.

Currently, we only offer the KLine (pre-2005) flashing services through our retailer network or through OTT at our development location in Salt Lake City, UT. These vehicles require Licensing that's fairly costly for the end user, making the cost effectiveness of self-tuning a KLine vehicle virtually prohibitive. For a person off the street wanting to flash their KLine vehicle, they would be looking at a cost of approximately $1370.00 in just hardware/software, and that's without any tune provided. We're able to keep the cost reasonable by absorbing the cost of the additional licensing and making it up in part through volume.

Hope that helps! If there's anything else we can answer for you (or anyone else) please don't hesitate to chime in!

Justin

5. Jun 1, 2024 at 3:56 PM
    gkomo

gkomo New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma AC 4x4
    Ah bummer, I have an ‘04 v8. Maybe one day, just not today haha

JustDSM[OP] likes this.
  6. Jun 5, 2024 at 11:39 AM
    BortisYeltzen

BortisYeltzen New Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP
    In-Progress
    OTT has a tuner that frequents San Diego. He’d be able to get you set up. Use the map linked in the first post if interested.

JustDSM[OP] likes this.
  7. Jun 5, 2024 at 2:32 PM
    gkomo

gkomo New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma AC 4x4
    For $1,370 plus labor? Or do you mean set up some other way? Seems the non-VVTI v8's are the hard ones to tune. Even KDMax i believe wasn't able to tune them.

8. Jun 5, 2024 at 3:49 PM
    JustDSM

JustDSM [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford Raptor
    That's what it would cost you to flash it yourself ultimately and procure the hardware, software, and licensing necessary for said task. We charge approximately 1/3 of that cost for the calibration and flashing service.

9. Jun 5, 2024 at 3:53 PM
    Airdam

Airdam New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    airdam
    Vehicle:
    2008 Urban Runner 2012 Limited 2023 TRD Sport
    Talked to Jeff about tuning my stuff, it seems like letting you guys tune it is a fair bit cheaper than buying all the stuff for me to tune it myself with your tunes. I think i am going to set up an appt for him to do it since you are out of pocket.

10. Jun 5, 2024 at 7:53 PM
    gkomo

gkomo New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma AC 4x4
    Ohh, I see. Ya I wouldn’t want to tune anything myself anyway. Ok back in the game!

Products Discussed in

To Top