1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2024 Tundras Spinning Crankshaft Bearings?

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Rick G., May 14, 2024.

1. May 14, 2024 at 8:59 AM
    Rick G.

Rick G. [OP] Member since July, 2020

Member:
    The Texas Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium 4WD
    I’ve been seeing reports coming in on YouTube regarding engine bearing problems on the new Tundras.

Toyota has been replacing some short blocks, necessitating removal of the truck cabs to R&R the engines!

What a mess. It makes me wonder what’s in store with surprises coming soon with the next gen 4RUNNERS.

l’m really thinking the fifth gen 4RUNNERS are going to be worth their weight in gold. Glad I got my low mileage 2022 SR5 T4R.

2. May 14, 2024 at 9:07 AM
    Airdam

Airdam New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    airdam
    Vehicle:
    2008 Urban Runner 2012 Limited 2023 TRD Sport
    Wow do you double space every sentence? You frequent Reddit a lot yes?
    A buddy of mine ordered a 2024 F250 when the order bank opened in August 2023, the truck came in to the dealer in Feburary 2024, friend picked it up (traded his previous truck in) and drove it around town and then home. He walked out into the garage some time later to find a huge puddle of oil under the engine bay on his garage floor. He took it back to the dealer and it was 24 hours old and they were pulling the cab off. Dealer had it a few days and supposedly fixed the problem and gave it back to him. He drove it around town and then back home. Later that evening, he saw a large and growing puddle of oil under the engine again. He took it back the following morning, truck was approximately 6-7 days old and they were pulling the cab the second time. Something Something Something dealer could not get the replacement part. Truck sat with the cab off for approximately 20 days before he told the dealer he didnt want the truck anymore and made them give his truck back (which they were letting him drive while the new one was being worked on)
    Sure you might find a toyota with issues, it happens from time to time, but there are other brands with far worse issues that are far more prevalent and common.

2ndGen22re likes this.
  3. May 14, 2024 at 12:42 PM
    icebear

icebear Recovered Kia Owner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    We'll see if it turns into something bigger. Honda has a recall for bearings seizing but that's practically a nothing-burger in affected vehicle numbers and the V6 is otherwise pretty solid with only a couple highlights for particular folks. (Expected to be something like 1% of recalled vehicle count?)

Isolated incidents or even a few hundred bad units over tens, maaaaaybe hundreds of thousands sold are par for the course.

4. May 14, 2024 at 12:47 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    Plastic Gauge?

To Top