1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 4Runner limited side/nerf bars

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by wdwfan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Aug 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM
    wdwfan

wdwfan [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 toyota 4runner limited
    Has anyone added side/nerf bars to there 2018 4Runner limited, its something I'm thinking about, looking for some pics and recommendations

2. Aug 2, 2018 at 7:41 AM
    JosephMehta

JosephMehta New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Zombocalypse
    Shrockworks Front Bumper, CBI Rear Swing Away with dual Jerry Cans and full size spare, Full Shrockworks Armor, Warn 9.5 Synthetic, PIAA Lighting on roof rack and front bumper, Rear lighting wired to vehicle's reverse gear, Dobisons dual slide out rear bay storage with sliding top and refrigerator tie-downs, Limb Risers, Gobi Rack w/mounted Powertank, Fire Extinguisher, Jack, Axe, and Shovel, 33" Nitto Grapplers (295/70/17), Body Mount Chop, Icon Stage 7 Billet w/S2 Stage 3 Secondary adjustable front suspension, 3.5 inch Icon Stage 7 Billet with Billet Upper and Lower Links, Icon Bump Stop, 3.0 inch Icon Overland Rear Coils, ARB Front and Rear Air Locker with ARB Differential Breather (relocated to engine bay), ARB Twin Compressor mounted in engine bay, 360 degree, 4-camera system with DVR with monitor mounted on the dash, Dual Rear Headrest Monitors w/DVD and gaming capability Future mods in 2019: Magnusson Supercharger w/Catback system and possibly an roof mounted, solar heated shower and water storage
    I have nerfs on mine; I like them, and their look; as well, the kids like them when climbing into the vehicle, using them as a step. However, nerfs are not sliders--big difference. Nerf bars are more for looks (my opinion) than any real functionality, other than letting a 7 and 4-year-old (and my wife) climb into the truck more easily. They do help, too, by stepping onto them when I need to get things on/off the roof rack.

Sliders, on the other hand (my favorite is C4), have a function: to help you slide over rock when off-roading, helping to bring down the potential for underbelly damage. Sliders, can also give you the same function as nerf bars with respect to helping little ones or shorter people climb into the truck.

My nerfs will come off eventually, replaced with sliders.

Hope this helps

Products Discussed in

To Top