1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 4runner v8 blown out suspension

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by 4runnerprobz, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Mar 4, 2024 at 7:58 AM
    4runnerprobz

4runnerprobz [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello all
    I have. 2006 4runner v8 with the sports edition. Do I have the xreas system? I just bought the truck a few days ago. I noticed that the suspension is super bouncy, and I assume it needs suspension replaced. It’s a 2WD. I thought all the V8s came AWD? I guess not.

I’d like to replace the suspension. Would it be a good time to lift the 4runner since I’m already needing to replace the suspension? What are some good affordable options for lifting it like 2 inches? Should I be using those spacer lift pucks? I’m completely new to all of this so excuse my ignorance.

Please link me to some affordable options that you guys reccomend so I can order them online? Would it be best to order parts online and have a shop install? How much does a shop charge to install them? I’m in Texas

2. Apr 11, 2024 at 5:51 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Bilstein, Eibach, Old Man Emu, Ironman4x4... plenty of good options at very competitive price points, just depends what you want out of it :cheers:

3. Apr 12, 2024 at 5:35 AM
    Bluesky 07

Bluesky 07 Not a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Silver ‘07 Sport V6 4WD @ 263K miles
    “Deep” Satoshi grille | X-REAS delete / TRD Offroad front springs & Bilstein 4600 shocks + FJC rear springs | Weathertech front & rear mats | Tinted front windows | Floor Armor cargo mat | TPMS bypass | LED interior, tag, & reverse lights | BlueSea Systems console USB power ports | Gentex 453 autodim mirror w/Homelink & compass | Kenwood DDX373BT HU + Audiovox backup camera | Fumoto F-103S | Bazooka tube subwoofer | Kenwood speakers & KAC-M1804 amp | Philips H9/9011 headlight bulbs | Rexing V1 Gen3 dash cam | Map light mod | Breather mod | Off-road Nav Setup | Power Stop Z36 brakes | OBD Fusion diagnostics
    I was once in the same boat as you are, OP, other than that my 4R is 4WD, but that's irrelevant here. This is explained in the suspension post linked in my sig, but I highly suggest trying something low cost before going all out. I eventually decided on Eibach and have been 100% happy but you'd be dropping a lot of money on something that isn't like a shirt - you can't just return it if you get it installed and don't like the ride. My first suspension upgrade cost me $200 total for barely used OEM TRD Offroad parts. That's not a typo. Tons of people are selling their OEM suspensions on FB Marketplace and the like b/c they've bought new Tacomas and are going all out on a new build. Figuring out fitment is your responsibility of course but I can tell you that I had 2020 Tacoma parts on my 4R (and still have those UCAs on).

My suspension post even has links to the service manual files for removing the X-REAS. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Products Discussed in

To Top