1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1995 3VEZ/ALL CODES SOLVED

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Pyroslinger, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Aug 18, 2023 at 1:27 AM
    Pyroslinger

Pyroslinger [OP] 1995 Hi-Lux Surf 3.0 3VZE Factory 250,000

Member:
    First Name:
    Pyroslinger
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    1995 Hi-Lux Surf SR-5 3.0 3VZE / Bought at 29,000 - Present 250,000/ Rusted Body, Excellent Otherwise
    Factory/ 2" Ol Man Emu Rear Springs/ Skyjacker Shocks/ Cat- Back Exaust/ K&N Air Filter/ Denso Iridium Plugs/Neoprene Vacume Lines/Sony CD Head Unit+Focal Factory Fit Speakers
    UPDATE 10/1/23: Hello Again, It's been awhile. Still running the old 95 4 Ruster. I have done everything imaginable to this girl. 300,000 now. Six new injectors and an OEM fuel pump, valve adjustment fixed the rough idle along with a bottle of Redline S-1, on an empty tank. Also replaced the large diameter hose from the plenum, to another steel line near the firewall with silicone hose. It was making the "Air Compressor Sound" on reving at idle. By the way...I finally found out how to stop CEL CODES 14/24/25/26. The Ignition 10 Amp 5 Terminal Relay Part # 25-0371 from Import Direct OE Replacement Parts (O'Reilly) was the culprit.This relay is located near the ECM on passenger side under Kick Panel. Mine was corroded from water. It was causing all the codes. So...if you are battling codes, find that relay, look inside for corrosion. After all of this time, blood, money, parts and alcohol consumption...this corroded relay was the cause. Water got inside and completely corroded it. I installed the new one, siliconed it for water proofing...Codes....GONE! Recently the transmission was giving me upshifting problems on the highway, wouldn't go into 4th. I relplaced the burned out O.D. lamp in the Gauge Cluster Idiot Light Array, that was fun! I didnt even know there was an electric O.D. Off Light, after all of these years. Was able to finally retrieve codes now, from the transmission. It flipped #61. Ordered a #2 VSS and a TTS, we shall see if that alleviates the no-upshift situation. The story continues.......

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...rpose-relay/odi0/250371?q=25-0371+relay&pos=0

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023

Products Discussed in

To Top