1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

17x9 on 265/70

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by smguely, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Oct 27, 2020 at 11:51 AM
    smguely

smguely [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner SR5 premium
    Stock
    Hi All, brand new and this is my first post. I just bought a 2021 SR5 premium 4WD. I haven't seen it yet, but the dealer called yesterday and said it has arrived. I bought this for my wife (she doesn't know yet). Before I give it to her, I need to get some new wheels and tires on it. I am sure this horse has been beaten to death, but I couldn't find exactly what I am needing through the searches. So I apologize for any redundancy and maybe someone could provide a link. My question is this:

Every wheel that I have found that I like is 17x9. I do not want to do any modifications to the vehicle, I don't think. I want to stay with the stock tire size of 265/70 (I don't want to get into a load E tire). My concern is with the stock sized tire on a wheel that is two inches wider than original with look a little malformed - even though the local tire shop says it will work. I still want a bit of bulge on the sidewall. My concern is that I will lose that and it will look funny. If I go to a wider or bigger tire, it is sounding like I may have some clearance issues or end up forced into an 8 ply tire. I am in a bit of a hurry here since I will likely have to wait on the wheels to be shipped to either me or my local tire shop.

Any help or even better, any photos of the 265x70s on a 17x9 wheel? And offsets... after years, I still cannot get my head around how that works. The outside of the tire being at the edge of the fender well (maybe a smidge past) is what I would like, but I figure the local tire shop can help me with that. I am at a loss here and don't have much time to figure it out!

Thanks for any replies!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    travelinscout likes this.
  2. Oct 27, 2020 at 12:22 PM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
  3. Oct 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.