1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'07 passenger headlight condensation

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by NEW2ME, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Oct 14, 2023 at 2:31 AM
    NEW2ME

NEW2ME [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello, new to this forum and 4runners, but active on Tacomaworld. '07 4runner passenger headlight looks like a rainforest inside. Is replacing just the lens and resealing it an option or should I just live with it or get new OEM replacements? I kind of want to do this on a budget and am not interested in aftermarket anything. I've searched, perhaps not well enough, but didn't really find anything too useful. Thanks

2. Oct 16, 2023 at 11:19 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Honestly its probably just a leak in the butyl seal or one of your headlights O rings in the rear of the housing. I dont really think you'd need to reaplace the lens at all as long as its clear and not faded like an 07 might be...

A suggestion- take the headlight off your rig completely and literally direct a fan in there to air/dry it out. Once thats done, add something like extra silicone sealant around the outside of the whole lens, then reinstall. Worked for me last time i had this issue :cheers:

Or if youre feeling extra, you can do the whole bake your headlight and peel off the lens and remove the old butyl tape and reinstall fresh butyl and reheat to cure route. Plenty of youtube/writeups about it!

NEW2ME[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top